z

Young Writers Society

Scavengers (Scene Two of Ten)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 pm
Vasticity says...

Due to a drop in actors, I had to rewrite. 3 Characters have been taken from the film.

SCAVENGERS (Scene Two)

(We fade in to a first-person shot of a ceiling. Cody steps in view of the camera, then looks down)

CODY:
Hi.

(We cut to Adrian, lying on the garage floor. He sits up and rubs the back of his head, exhaling sharply)

CODY:
You took a hell of a beating.

ADRIAN:
I'll say. Am I okay?

CODY:
Dr. Gilmore said so. It didn't even need stitches. It's going to hurt like hell for about a week, though.

ADRIAN:
When'd you find me?

CODY:
I came back and I saw what happened. After they had collected and left, I went to grab you.

ADRIAN:
It's going to take more than two men to stop them. Norman picked the right crew when he made his little gang.

CODY:
Who was the other guy with him?

ADRIAN:
Calvin.

CODY:
Shit.

ADRIAN:
He willingly left town. Give his house to somebody else, and make sure he doesn't come back.

CODY:
Why?

ADRIAN:
'Cause he knows all the ins and outs of TriOpolis, and I assure that Norman's going to use that to his advantage.

CODY:
For sure.

ADRIAN:
How much did they take?

CODY:
More than the last time. I guess they thought, 'Because we had a more difficult time with this one, we'll get more for our effort.'

ADRIAN:
You know that hollow out in the field?

CODY:
Yeah.

ADRIAN:
I want you to take the unused steel with the emergency food and water, and put it down there. The next time they come, we'll be prepared.

(We cut to Norman, sitting in his room, reading a book by candlelight. There is suddenly a knock. Norman puts the book down, and answers the door. Standing in the threshold is Calvin. He is holding a box)

CALVIN:
It's finished.

NORMAN:
That was fast.

(Norman takes the box from Calvin's hands)

CALVIN:
It's what I do best.

NORMAN:
Is it defective at all?

CALVIN:
No. It's just as you requested.

NORMAN:
Your salary will be bumped up to twice its current amount. Sound sufficient?

CALVIN:
More than sufficient, sir.

NORMAN:
Good. I'll see you later.
(Calvin walks away, and Norman shuts the door. He then walks over to his bed, and puts the box down on the table. He looks inside, and smiles, satisfyingly)
Last edited by Vasticity on Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 pm
JAS13 says...

Good job on this, I really liked it. :D I was interested from the beginning and still was interested at the end, great job! :lol:

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:03 am
skutter11 says...

Where's scene three? GIVE ME SCENE THREE!(Meant in a nice way)
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 am
thehobbitgangster says...

Whoa, super suspenseful! That's scary to introduce a gun to people who've never seen or used one before! I feel like Norman almost needs a more sinister speech (that's maybe longer?) to go with the gun though. Good ending, definitely makes me want to read more.
A man can change his stars.
William Thatcher ~ "A Knight's Tale"

Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost ~ Lost! by Coldplay

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.
— David Foster Wallace