z

Young Writers Society

Scavengers (Scene Six of Ten)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm
Vasticity says...

Due to a drop in actors, I had to rewrite. Three characters have been taken from the film.

Scavengers (Scene Six)

(Adrian and Cody walk down the straightaway that leads to the outskirts)

CODY:
Can I tell you something kind of dumb?

ADRIAN:
Sure.

CODY:
I'm not even.... really familiar with what the outskirts are. I've heard numerous definitions, so I'm not entirely sure.

ADRIAN:
The outskirts is the area where one of the bombs hit. It's extremely warm, even in winter, and it's highly radioactive. It's pretty risky that I'm doing this at all.

CODY:
It's so close to the city, how did the buildings survive?

ADRIAN:
We don't know. Just one of those things. I personally think it was just a stroke of luck. But some of the locals seem to believe that it's destiny, and that we were supposed to create TriOpolis. Sounds pretty crazy to me.

(They arrive outside of the gravel pit, and look out to the distance. There are a few buildings, and some grain elevators)

CODY:
There's so many buildings. But how?

ADRIAN:
This isn't even close to the exact place that the blast happened. Within about a mile of the crater, there's nothing. Too hot to even sustain life for more than a few hours.

CODY:
I thought it was hot.

ADRIAN:
It is once you get a little further in.

CODY:
...Well, good luck.

ADRIAN:
I wouldn't bother. Luck's not going to be on my side.

CODY:
Bye.

ADRIAN:
Don't wait up. There's a good chance I won't be coming back.

(Adrian walks past the camera, and we cut to Calvin, hitting something metal with a mallet. He stops, wipes the sweat from his forehead, and continues hammering. We cut to Adrian, walking out in the desert. He stops, takes his coat off, and continues walking. There is a lot of sweat on his face. He wipes some of it off, and continues walking on. We cut to the sun, shining brightly, then fade in from white, to Adrian, who is now stumbling. He suddenly drops to the ground. The shot turns slow-motion, and fades to sepia tone. Adrian looks around breathing heavily. From a first-person view, we see a pair of feet approaching the camera. They stop, and we cut to Norman, looking down on Adrian. He picks him up, and holds him by his collar)

NORMAN:
You know, it's a good thing my scouts were watching so vigilantly, or you might've made it to Calvin's shack. Although... by the look of things, you weren't going to get very far.

(Norman pulls out the gun, and pokes it into Adrian's stomach. He cocks the weapon)

NORMAN:
Nice knowing you.

(We cut to a faraway view of Norman and Adrian. Norman fires the gun, and Adrian's body hits the ground. We cut to a first-person view of Norman's feet walking away)

NORMAN:
A pity. I would've liked to have seen his face when we raided his precious city.

(We fade to black)
Last edited by Vasticity on Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:57 pm
ErBear says...

ADRIAN:
So you were planning to make more weaponry for the scavengers.

This should be a ? not a .

Other than that, no things needed to fix.

Wow Vast! Your writing gets better and better with each scene!

YAY!!!!!!

Taylor :thud: :thud: :elephant: :smt003 :smt005
~formerly Ilovebubbles123

"There's only one thing
to do
three words
for you.
Ooh, I love you.

There's only one way
to say
those three words
that's what I'll do.
Ooh, I love you. "

For you.

You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen