z

Young Writers Society

A date with History- Epilogue

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:41 pm
skutter11 says...

Last part guys!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stage lights up and the set has changed back to what it was in the Prolgue, the bus shelter, ect. The two students are looking up at the Old Man in awe.

Student one: Shamefully I'm sorry for what I said eariler, man.

Old Man: Don't fret yourself over it, young 'un, I get it all the time

Student two:In awe I never knew that so much had happend in this town! Could you tell me more?

Old Man: Look around you, there's history all around! Grins You've just got to look for it!

Bus noises

Old Man: Here's my bus, so I'll see you, in another time!

Student two: But-but what's your name?

Old Man: My name is Pete, Pete O'Clocker
The stage darkens.

Fin
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:43 pm
Snoink says...

Just a quick note... I don't know what the rest of the play is about (sorry!) but looking over this epilogue... it seems very short! That is, if this weren't a play, it would be okay, but because this is a play, it'll take a couple of minutes to set up the stage, change clothes, etc., and it seems a little awkward to end it on this sort note, after a two minute break. So see if you really need this. If you do, flesh it out. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 pm
Abigail_W. says...

Hi Scutter11! I agree with Snoink, and I haven't read the rest of the play either. I know in screenplay this doesn't matter much, but it might if you submit it to a company to be made into a real play/movie. "Prologue" is not spelled "Prolgue," and "etc." is not spelled "ect." This is a pet peeve of mine: "etc." is an abbreviation of the Latin "et cetera," meaning "and other things."

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman