z

Young Writers Society

Golgotha

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:13 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

I had held many hard men on my wooden arms. By now I'd lost track of their sins and crimes. This Man, though, was different.

Even as the soldiers placed His back against me, I felt it. This was a man without sin. I wanted to shout, to proclaim His innocence. But who would have believed me?

After all, I was just a cross.

They fixed a sign to my top. I listened as one of the soldiers read, "'King of the Jews.' Well, they must not like Him very much."

His companion shivered. "Let's just go, Maximus. I don't like this place. And I don't like what we're doing."

"Not superstitious, are you? To tell truth, I feel something about the hill too." Both men turned to go downhill.

"Forgive them... They know not what they do." The King sagged against me, His breath shallow with pain.
Last edited by fire_of_dawn on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm
confetti says...

Wow.
I'm not really religious, and I'm quite clueless when it comes to these things, but this was beautiful. I almost wish that it was longer, but maybe the short abruptness was what you were going for.
Sorry that this isn't longer! Not much else to say, this was very interesting, very thought provoking.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 am
CrazyMuffinAssassin says...

Being a devout Christian, I thought this interesting. The way the cross is personified is brilliant, and i could not of thought of doing something like this. You should have made this a bit longer, making it flow more towards His death rather than him only speaking of the innocence of man. You should make it longer.
As far as grammar is concerned, it was very well-written. No errors as I can see. Very well done.
One day, I held up this muffin. I held it up to the light, letting the gentle rays glint over the slight glaze on the mound that protrudes from its ruffled clothing. And then, I said to myself "I'm going to take this muffin and MURDER IT."
And that, was how CrazyMuffinAssassin was born.

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance