z

Young Writers Society

Someone give me some advice please

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu May 12, 2005 8:06 pm
Little Dreamer says...

This isnt a piece of poetry or story work...im in desperate need of some advice
what would any of you who read this say if i told you my parents are making me break up with my boyfriend of 7 and half months all because we got into trouble for a 5 second kiss..we wernt making out or anything and he didnt have his hands all over me we were headed to class...No other teacher cared...there was also about 3 more couples in the same spot as we were doing ten times worse...so what should i say to my parents...i dont want to end what me and boyfriend have...but my parents have teachers making sure we arent around each other...And i dont want to disrespect my parents by disobeying them...so what do you guys suggest :( please help
see people with your heart and not your eyes

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu May 12, 2005 8:14 pm
nickelpickle says...

hmm...I wont say what I would do, cause that would be bad advice....heres my suggestion:

try to sit down and talk to your mom...a lot of time, mothers understand things about bf's better... tell her that you are sixteen, and there is nothing wrong with kissing. I wouldnt use the 'everyone else was doing worse' argument, parents hate to hear that...explain to her that you were just kissing and you really like him (dont say love; parents tend to freak out when they hear that their daughter is in love). If that doesn't work, try inviting him over to your house while your parents are home so they can learn to trust him....

thats all i have got....hope it helped
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri May 13, 2005 1:12 am
Rei says...

It wouldn't surprize me if your parents probably thought it was a lot more than it really was. As nicklepickle said, talk your mom. Make sure you have all of your emotions in check so you don't get upset and start to whine about it. Be mature about it.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Fri May 13, 2005 1:22 am
Shriek says...

Hmm. Just out of curiousity, how did your parents find out about this kiss in the first place? You were at school when this happened, right?

I would agree with talking to your mom and dad. Ask them what exactly are the reasons for them wanting the breakup. Is it just because of the kiss or is there more to it? Make SURE not to be accusartory in whatever you say, but be objective. If you attack them, chances are they won't listen to anything you have to say.

Hope all goes well for you. ^_^
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)