z

Young Writers Society

The Writing Pest

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:43 pm
AspieMouse says...

Edit- I suppose I should write how I feel about it, um, this was forced out of my current writer's block. That's why it's so short. xD Um, anyway this would be my first submission here!

The Writing Pest

Writer’s block. You filthy pest. Comes and stays in my head. Stays there until I can’t take it. I can’t take that gnawing at my mind to write. That gnawing that eats at my ideas. Eats my ideas until I can’t come up with anymore.

Writer’s block. You terrible enemy. I can never think with you there. Worlds of glorious castles and fantastical realms are destroyed. All because of you, writer’s block.

Writer’s block. So won’t you face me? Look at me with those evil eyes, hungry for more ideas to devour. Look at me and tell me what you want. More ideas, you say? Terrible. Just disgusting. That is the only pleasure you get? The only way to satisfy your life is to devour the hardships and desires of writers? Pathetic. You need a new life. A new hobby. A new pleasure. If you stop devouring ideas, maybe, just maybe, I will write you a life.

Writer’s block. Give me back my life and I will give you one.

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:18 pm
Sassykat says...

Haha. I liked it. You should make it into a poem.
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:38 pm
matthewmazer says...

Really neat.
I agree with what Sissy said, you should make it into a poem,if you can't thoug I don't blame you, I suck at poetry.
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 am
Skylar16 says...

I agree with the others. This would be a good poem. I really like because I can totally relate to it. Writer’s block sucks to get when you are finally getting to a good part in a story or novel. It always hits me hard then. The words really gave me an image of like a rat or something bothering or taunting you with its existence so that you can’t write. Over all, it was good. Keep up the good work!
When people ask me, why are you so weird, I never know what to say. Then I think, why should I be like this when I can be like ttthhhiiiisss?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:56 am
Belle says...

Oh this made me laugh. Great job, personifying what all us writers face from time to time. It's ironic how a piece about writer's block is actually a written work of yours now, isn't it? It's so counter-intuitive. I think your invisible enemy has just been put to shame. Good for you!

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content