z

Young Writers Society

Book Ideas

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:21 am
Bromthebard says...

As you've probably noticed, all the characters have the same names, this is due to the fact that I base my characters off of my friends, another point I want to make is that whoever the main character is, is the bad ass of the book. Any suggestions on any of this would be appreciated. I also would like to have people that come up with names easily to help me with titles, that, I think, is what I'm the worst at. If anyone can think of names I can use for characters that are similar to the names given I would love that. Tell me what you think.

I am a New Age Inkling!!!

1. Book where D.C. is nuked, the military takes over the government, and a team of undercover black-ops seek and destroy the group that nuked D.C.
Name: Seek ‘N Destroy?
Main Character: Adam?
Most B.A. Character: Adam
Characters: team: Logan, Adam, Kayla, Seth, Aaron, ?
Length: at least 500 pages

2. Book where group of ex-CIA black-ops members go back in time and fight in battles of history.
Name: Warriors in Time?
Main Character: Seth? Adam?
Most B.A. Character: Main Character
Characters: team: Logan, Adam, Kayla, Aaron, Seth, ?
Length: first book: at least 500 pages, second book: at least 600 pages

3. William Wallace accidentally goes to the year 2400 and becomes the tactician for a Marine special forces team
Name: ?
Main Character: William Wallace/ Logan
Most B.A. Character: Logan
Characters: Logan, William, Seth, Adam, Alex (dies close to the end)
Length: first book: at least 450 pages, Second (plot is next one down): at least 500 pages

4. Same group of Marines brings Sun Tzu to the year 2403 to be the tactician for a difficult mission
Main Character: Sun Tzu/ Logan
Characters: Logan, Sun, Seth, Adam, Kayla (Alex’s replacement)

5. Scientist genetically produces dragons. The U.S. military hushes it up and gives him 1 billion dollars to keep quiet, and an additional 10 million dollars for each dragon. They create a team of 5 Riders to use them as weapons/transports/extra troops. They are hard to take down and are super intelligent.
Name: Riders of War
Main Character: Nobody, the narrator is Logan, but is told in a third person point of view where the narrator knows how all characters feel.
Most B.A. character: Logan
Characters: Logan, Adam, Seth, Kayla, Aaron, ?
Length: at least 600 pages, second book (plot below): 700 pages

6. Same team from first goes after the scientist who created the dragons because he is threatening to tell the world about his invention. They find that an old colleague of the scientist has created dragons for Russia and they are attacking the team.
Main Character: (same as first book)
Characters: same as first book, scientist plays bigger role
Length: at least 700 pages.
I am.... a New Age Inkling! We must continue the fight for young authors, for it is the brave mans part to write with glory or with glory be rejected! (taken from a fellow New Age Inkling, Highlander)

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm
Shadowlight says...

Alrighty!

You have quite a list to write from!
I have maybe 15-20ish stories floating around in my noggin myself but I never thought of just writing down a brief description of each. good Idea!

I have to say my favorite ideas out of this list are the one with William Wallace and the dragon stories at the end. these two ideas sound wicked cool! (can you tell I like history and fantasy much?) :D

Happy writing,
~Shadow~
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

31 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 pm
Bromthebard says...

Thank you, I got bored one day so I wrote that down, and I also made a character sheet for each of the main characters in the Dragon book, which I've started on.
I am.... a New Age Inkling! We must continue the fight for young authors, for it is the brave mans part to write with glory or with glory be rejected! (taken from a fellow New Age Inkling, Highlander)

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:46 am
tgirly says...

Adam = Alan
Kayla=Kayti, Kacy, Kara
Seek N Destroy=D.C.?
Seth=Swenson
Aaron=Eric
Logan=Lincoln
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

31 Reviews

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:47 am
Bromthebard says...

Thank you so much for the name alternatives.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:46 pm
tgirly says...

Here's a few more:
Aaron=Aaden, Abram
Seth=Stephan, Sven
Logan=Landon
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

31 Reviews

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 am
View Likes
Bromthebard says...

Thank you again. I will use these.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:40 am
katngo73 says...

Wow, I think I will help u with that:

1.Katrina

2. Seth and then, Melissa

3. 2400 or maybe The Tactician

4. Sun Tzu

5. Amanda

6. The Attack of the Riders

Your welcome,
Kat
“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”-The Fourth Doctor
"Who I was, what I did, that's not who I am." - Castiel
"Friends protect you." - John Watson

31 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:27 am
Bromthebard says...

Wow, thank you katngo73. That is very helpful, check out my contest http://youngwriterssociety.com/contests ... .php?id=86

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney