z

Young Writers Society

Can one person make a difference?

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:58 pm
JonFunder says...

Please don't be too hard on me concerning the grammar, I'm Danish and my English are therefore not that great. This message is furthermore a translation of the original message.

Can one person make a difference?

I know the feeling of constantly being held back by society, and the feeling that society wants everyone to behave the same, do the same things, have the same ideals and think the same way ...

I get incredibly tired of society constantly tries to make individuals into a category of the population. I think its bullshit that society keeps categorizing people, and thereby makes them part of a population group.

What if you would rather be an individual human being? What if one wants to think their own thoughts, do things their own way and generally just be themselves? Is it too much to ask?

I know that there are 7 billion people on earth, and therefore we are just a drop in the ocean of billions of people, thoughts, actions and ways of being, but that doesn’t mean humans are identical, it doesn’t mean that everyone necessarily have to follow the same stream as the rest of the drops in the ocean.

One man can make a difference. That man just has to be the one that think differently.

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43 am
Paracosm says...

Wow! Your English is better than some American's English! There are no major grammar errors, and you made your point excellently! This is very inspiring!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:58 pm
tgirly says...

Wow. That's deep. I think you should make the text a little bit smaller, but that's just me. I love the last paragraph. I agree with Shinobiinfinity, it is inspiring.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:32 am
titanarc80195 says...

Oh, my gosh. That was so deep, so inspiring, it captured my heart. It really makes you think how society wants us to be and what we sometimes wants to be. I absolutely loved it. That was so amazing, I swear I read it over and over again for about 20 minutes straight. Grammar was beautiful and I feel like you are that one person that can make a difference in this world. Once again, amazing work that the whole would need to see.
Remember who you are. You are my son, the one true king. Remember!X)

Obsessing over what you regret won't get you anywhere.
— Steggy