You
Saw
Me
Yet
You
Still
Love
Me
Last edited by YouWishYouHadThis on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:37 pm
View Likes
Gamergirl says...

For me this was a little confusing at first. However I did get it (eventually). Really enjoyed it and they way you've formatted it. Lovey piece. :)
"Is the glass half empty? Or half full?"

"Well, if I turn on the tap I can make it full!" ~ me.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:05 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Hi there!

our look alikes

You forgot the 's' on the end of 'alikes'. Not a big deal, but I figured I'd point it out.

My speech - my poetry

You need to add some sort of punctuation between these two words.

I vivify

I vilify

What do these words mean? I've never heard of them before.

The life force in my life’s functions

What did your computer decide to type for you? :D I hate when that happens. Change the random symbols to an apostraphe.

Overall this was a good piece. Though it seems as if you just sat and typed whatever came to your mind. Go back over it, and pick out the certain parts you want to keep. Keep writing!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm
McMourning says...

Hello.
I keep rereading it. It was a poem that kind of drew me in. With each read, it becomes better, deeper. I pick up on subtleties that I didn't notice on the previous read. That's very nice.
I like your repetition of "To life". In the end, you pull that together. Running from life, in life, to life. I thought that was cool because I hadn't really thought about it before. When you run from life, you're running in life. It's interesting.

I was confused by one thing, though.
In the power of adaptation,
like what is in now,
What is fashionable,

Yes, we adapt and our children are born to look like the way we are now. But, I don't think that is what is fashionable...Well, maybe it is, if you are saying that we dress our children like us. We put our babies in those new denim diapers because it's fashionable and it's what we wear...I think you are talking more about as a species, though. Aren't you?
I just had another thought that you could repeat "to life" here, also./.. What is fashionable, in life. As I said before, I like your use of the word life throughout the piece.

McMourning
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

Carpe Diem
— Catullus