z

Young Writers Society

Knowing Me

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:51 am
snowberry23 says...

Everyone knows me, but hasn't quite defined me yet.
~Time

Another word for swamp.
~Quagmire

I was originally grounded from stone.
~Lipstick

All three of things are known to me, but the way they can be described without using their actual name makes it difficult to pin point what the sentence is describing. This is the state I feel I am currently in. I am an answer to a riddle of a sentence that no one seems to be able to figure out. I am not misunderstood, I am not invisible and I mostly certainly am not depressed. I cant state it any more simply than this, I am on the tip of everyone I love's tongue.

Imagine those game shows, the ones that require you to know useless information to win, where the spokesman has that plastered smile across his face at all time. You see people jump up and down as they watch "1,000 dollars" worth of cash and prizes flash above their head. Except, I am not a game show, people cant guess what city I am in, in Asia, and win that round. While this all may sound crazy to you, it makes perfect sense in my head.

I would be undefined if humans themselves had a dictionary.
When nothing goes right, go left

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 am
YouWishYouHadThis says...

This Is Great Keep Doing You
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 am
paintingtherain97 says...

This is great!!! It's exactly how I feel a lot of the time, complex and hard for even me to understand. I like this. I think I saw one little grammar error but honestly can't remember what it was, so you might just want to go through and double check stuff. I like the meaning and the wording and how it's all kind of philosophical. The way you describe yourself as the tip of the people you know's tongues was cool. All of your figurative language was great, the metaphors and everything. Anyway, good work and keep it up. I hope that my review helps.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:51 pm
snowberry23 says...

Aw thanks everyone! The two of you honestly just made my day. I was having a really hard night and sat down and just banged on my keys and "Knowing Me" appeared in front of me. I didn't think anyone would understand it but it truly means a lot to read these reviews. I am thinking about adding more to it, goo idea or bad?
~SnowBerry
When nothing goes right, go left

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 pm
ally1212 says...

That was pretty amazing. I'm a bit connfused but then again I'm always connfused. I'm not sure what I liked about it I just know that I liked it very much. I'm sort of wondering what made you write something like that? You don't have to awnser my question I'm just wondering. I say good job on that piece of writing and may all your other work be that exellent.

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart