z

Young Writers Society

Off the track

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 am
Euhuman says...

I was just, stumbling around. Caught in my own thoughts, enmeshed in my own understandings. I went on. Head bowed as if I had no curiosity of where I was going. Wearing a big coat and my black trousers. Walking on a deserted road. Night illuminated dimly by the yellow street lights. Such a serene atmosphere. Such an innocent environment…

I am afraid. Afraid to get closer to anybody. Afraid to let open those parts that try to eat me up inside.. scared that again I’ll be proved wrong. This time I might not be strong enough. I am terrified to introduce my friends around. One mistake. My chain breaks..

No. Wait. Stop. I stop in that quiet street and think at the thought. When will I have a life of my own? I have it already dammit! I have a better one. I am a better person. I know better people. So what if life’s not a lot of what I wanted and had? So what? Huh, so what!?

I kick the pebbles out of my way and lift my head. The street is all lighted. I have a long way to go ahead. Hands deep in my pocket, I smile inwardly. I know he has been following me. I slow my pace so he catches me now. Jacob comes and pokes me in my ribs

Gotcha
A Purple Daffodil
http://r2square.wordpress.com

“Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you.”

My DNA is unchallengeable,
Well.. so is yours
Bazinga !

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 pm
View Likes
dolwright says...

Hi, I love your story.
"I stop in that quiet street and think at the thought. When will I have a life of my own? I have it already; dammit! I have a better one. I am a better person. I know better people. So what if life's not a lot of what I wanted and had? So what?...
These words in particular struck out from the rest. Kudos and Keep writing.
'when I'm gone, my words will remain...
your word is a weapon, either of destruction or re-construction, whatever you make of it,
It's your choice.'

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm
View Likes
Rock n' Roll Queen says...

This is....Great!!

No. Wait. Stop. I stop in that quiet street and think at the thought. When will I have a life of my own? I have it already dammit! I have a better one. I am a better person. I know better people. So what if life’s not a lot of what I wanted and had? So what? Huh, so what!?

I say this to myself about 12 times a day. It's like you went into my head and pulled out all my frustrations and put it into words.

Just a little sad it ended. I wanted more...who's Jacob? and why does the main character feel this way? Why can't her introduce his friends? It just left a lot of questions I had unanswerd. I love details! other than that I love love loved it :D

Happy writing!
"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe" -Lao-Tzu

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:48 pm
View Likes
Phoenix23 says...

Hey. This is a good one. Your imagery is real good. i liked the way the story moves. Especially the thoughts of the main character. The lines, "So what if life’s not a lot of what I wanted and had? " That struck a chord. Been there myself, trust me. :). Anyways, a good read. Keep writing and best wishes!
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
- Shel Silverstein

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 pm
Euhuman says...

Thank you really very much. So so appreciated. New here so I am not aware how to respond individually

1- Thank you for loving my story. I like writing small passages.

2-Haha I am glad I brought out those thoughts in words. It is fascinating and frustrating to see someone almost steal your thoughts isn't it. (it is for me, pardon). Jacob is an imaginary character as you see him lurking behind, in the shadows. There always there... The questions left unanswered gives you opportunity to make it go on. My story will never end like yours. But does a story ever end? Thanks for stopping by =) the main character is sad because what makes us all so. Slice of life =)

3-Thank you for your best wishes. If you really mean them =p
A Purple Daffodil
http://r2square.wordpress.com

“Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you.”

My DNA is unchallengeable,
Well.. so is yours
Bazinga !

#longlivebigbrother
— alliyah