z

Young Writers Society

The screaming chaos somehow bottled in the thing called me

Random avatar

Reviews: 31
Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:39 pm
View Likes
Tranquility says...

I'm sorry if this is difficult to read but it is literally a diary entry and I never write my diary for others, I just felt like posting it anyway.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder about me: who I am, what I want, who I will be, how I am going to make a difference here. Sometimes I even wonder if I exist, and why I exist, and how I exist and how I know that I exist and wonder about it. I think about all the things I could be, and which path I will take. Whether I will affect lives or simply breeze through them, leaving no trace or even change behind me. Will I help? How will I help? How will I deal with helping or not helping? What will the affects be from me helping or not helping? What effects are there from my life already?

Who am I? What is my cause? I think I need to find a cause. Everyone has one, something to die for, but even more to live for. Something I know means that everything I do has a reason and everything I go through will simply lead me to my goal. I could want to be rich, or fall in love, or save people’s lives, or save the environment, or save literature, or save the wild animals, or domestic animals, or injustice when it comes to the law. I could help people deal with their problems, or I could fight so that some people’s problems were stopped before they started. I could fight for happiness, for education, for freedom, for the slaves or the screaming, polluted air. I could fight for women, or for racial and religious equality. I could fight for me. For a place in the world, a life, success, a family. What do I want? What is important to me? I have no idea.

I do know that I have people I love, and who love me back, and who I would fight for, but I also know that they aren’t in any danger that I can foresee and stop. I could fight to protect the families of others, or I could write about fighting for others. I could write about the pain there is in the world...encouraging people to stop it because everyone can make a difference, or I could be the one making that difference, but where?

Where should I turn and help when everywhere there are different voices screaming, different cries for help echoing. When helping some means that I have to stand on the toes, fingers or even heads of others who is the most important? Even saving people means that overpopulation increases and others suffer from it. Each individual deserves a happy life, and a family, but at the same time each individual is damaging something else precious just by living.

The poor, exploited people create a market by buying cheap things created by other, poor, exploited people. It goes on and on so who do you help? Which of the millions of piles of bullshit, bullshit covering drowning somethings, do you apply your tiny little shovel to and start clearing? I guess I better decide pretty soon because at the moment I’m wasting time, space, and a valuable shovel, while my existence adds more bullshit to piles I don’t even know about. Where do I start?
This is what we do. Lift our eyes to the snarl and smile of the world once more.With love: the passionate search for a truth other than our own. With longing: the pure, ineffable yearning to be saved. For so long as fate keeps waiting, we live on. God help us. God forgive us. We live on. - Shantaram

Random avatar

Reviews: 35
Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:57 pm
View Likes
wolfgirl13 says...

Hey :)
I really do love this, and there really is nothing to nitpick except maybe...
I guess I'd better decide pretty soon because at the moment I’m wasting time, space, and a valuable shovel, while my existence adds more bullshit to piles I don’t even know about. Where do I start?

I added the apostrophe and the 'd' as it seemed right to me, but you may very well have your own decisions.
You have expressed what I always feel and once again I love, love, love this!
Keep writing ;)
~Wolfie
xx

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:16 am
SmylinG says...

Hi there, Tranquility.

Well, I will say that this was an interesting piece. Especially much so that it was a diary entry posted, and not general fiction or something other than. You had a voice, and you projected well! I feel as if I have hardly any complaints when it comes to this, because it was you pouring out such deep personal thought onto paper. It wasn't mindless angsty babble of you everyday sort, it was very in tune with your feelings and your worries. It was honest and genuinely enlightening to read, so nice job.

I will say that you may in fact need to proofread this. I had a tendency to spot minor errors here and there, which can grow quite distracting when you don't resolve it. So my suggestion would be to read this back through and really look at where corrections can be properly made and where your writing and structuring of the whole piece in general can be improved upon. For the most part though, I don't think I have much of an issue with the way that this was structured. I get that you were being free with your thoughts. That's what in fact makes this piece so genuine and lovely to read.

All in all, I'd like to say keep up the great work. I think you did a wonderful job here. One thing that's important for us writers is to be in tune with our thoughts and our feelings. It's easier to express pain in fictional writing once you've mastered pinpointing actual emotion in your personal writing. So continue to write like this, Tranquility! I think you have a sure talent and you should broaden it with only more and more practice. Keep jotting down those personal thoughts of yours and run with them. They may be the spark for some future inspiration to a masterpiece one day. ;]

But anyway, that's all I have to say of the matter.

-Smylin'
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf