z

Young Writers Society

Perhaps I Am Onto Something...

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:01 am
briggsy1996 says...

Hello out there... out there... out there...
Alright, so I guess cyberspace doesn't really echo, but the point I'm trying to make is that sometimes I feel so unheard, like I'm talking to wallpaper or something. In real life, I mean. I go through my day like any other teenager might- I've got my friends and I have things I like to do, etc. But what I mean to say is that I always feel like there's nobody listening to what I have to say. I sit in the middle of class, debating whether to raise my hand to answer a question the teacher has asked. My hand gets part way up, but then I realize that if I have the wrong answer, I'll just be embarrassing myself. So I lower my hand again.
Isn't that stupid? I am full of these little idiosyncrasies, and I know that as much as I try to break the habit of not having self confidence, I will always fall a little too short.
Maybe that's why I write. Actually, that is why I write. Because when I write, the things I've been wanting to say so desperately finally become heard by somebody, somewhere. Those words I've been aching to get out there aren't just echoing anymore.
I like that. I like the fact that writing brings me back to solid ground. It provides shelter from reality. When I write, I feel safe.
That's all I really ever ask.
but the sky is love and i am for you
just so long and long enough
-E.E. Cummings

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:20 am
Leahweird says...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think many of us on here feel the same way. I know I struggle through real life trying to express what I really mean. I know I'm articulate, look at what I can do on paper! But out loud? Forget it.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:37 am
Dreamwalker says...

In all honesty, its our generations way of thinking. Feeling unheard is something we all experience simply because now we all believe that we have something to say.

When nobody listens, it does not feel as if what we have to say is any less important. Merely, we feel that it is and that's why it sucks being unheard.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell