z

Young Writers Society

Five months of my life.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 am
Phoenix23 says...

Spoiler! :
I could have blogged about it, but I needed more people to view this piece. After all what is a better way to spend my last points on YWS? =)

For most people, the high school years are the best time of their life, for me and many others, it was not so. These four years of my life were shadowed by one ultimate goal : to get admission in a medical school. This meant staying out of all the fun and games, forced to study when I just wanted to enjoy myself.
The last two years, the pre med years were the toughest. The brutal competition (did I mention where I live, there are only 3200 public sector seats and over 30000 candidates?), the long hours of studying ( not that I put in much), and the classes. But I got through the finals. Then came the ultimate scary part: the ENTRANCE EXAMS.
They are the most scary exams created by mankind, seriously, with all the horror stories we heard about even the best students not being able to make it. The fear was great as I decided to join preparatory classes.
This meant travelling to another city daily with a friend. It was a whole new experience for me... I learnt a lot of new things, like you can hope for the miracles in the most unexpected places, and what it is like to have those hopes destroyed. I learnt a lot about pain in those two months.
But somewhere along I found my own personal heaven: YWS! yes, I was looking for a website to post my poems ( I am a bit of a writer) and I stumbled on this website. For me it was finding the the Nirvana. Here, not only I got a chance to post my work, but most of all I met some really great people.
So, now I am finally off to medical school, perhaps this is going to be my last post on YWS for a very long time, but I gotta tell you, I will really miss this place. It has been my anchor in the toughest time of my life. I will never forget all the people I met. Especially Adam, best of luck AJ, I hope all your dreams come true :). The others, Scarlettfire, fireheartandkaratepup, ShinDa, Vasticity, reason, deanie, shoaib, AlexinCircusland, Payne... and many others. I had a great time with all of you.
I will try my best to pop up here during breaks. Till then, its goodbye for now.

"Its something unpredictable, but in the end is right, I hope you had the time of your life"
- Time of your Life by Greenday.
If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
- Shel Silverstein

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:22 am
Arcticus says...

Best of Luck :-)
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:19 pm
LadyFreeWill says...

Aw! Very inspirational! Good luck with med school! I hope you can find time to pop in on YWS as much as possible. :)
Formerly TheScratchMan.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:15 am
bagelbaby says...

GOOD LUCK! Hope you do well in med school. And this was very inspirational!
-bagelbaby <3

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:21 am
dasiamari says...

This was very nice and emotional. I don't think it needs a review but its getting a short one anyways!

The brutal competition (did I mention where I live, there are only 3200 public sector seats and over 30000 candidates?), the long hours of studying ( not that I put in much), and the classes. But I got through the finals.

okay so I think the sentence would look better like this. The brutal competition because where I live there are only, 3200 public sector seats and over 30000 candidates.

Other than that I really enjoyed this and even though I don't believe I ever (YWS) met you the site will be a little less fun when your gone. :)
Know that she's back in the atmosphere I'm afraid that she'll think of me as a plain old Jain told a story 'bout a man who was to afraid to fly so he never did land. ~Train

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart