z

Young Writers Society

Wishbone

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:35 am
sarebear says...

Spoiler! :
Well, continuing with my theme of trying to write tender, sensitive writing, here is my next piece.

“Wanna make a wish?” He proffers the wishbone.
I consider him for a moment. Usually this is for me and my brother. But Sam isn’t here.
“Sure.” I grasp the other end.
I wish for Dad to get his wish.
I close my eyes as I pull.
Snap.
I look down at my hand. I have the big half.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a psychologist.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 am
View Likes
MariaRowlands says...

That was extreamly short so I can't say much but it was rather good. I belive that you should make your short stories a bit longer otherwise there would be nothing to rate, comment or help you with. You may need to add some more as well because this is rather boring but it is good.
Happy Writing!
~Maria~
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:06 am
creativityrules says...

Hi, Sare! Rose here! I'll be reviewing this piece today!

First off, I adore this piece. It's very cute and I feel a lot of emotion from it even though it's very short. You've made my job as a reviewer very hard because it's difficult to find anything wrong with this piece for two reasons. One, because it's so short, and two, because it's so good. I'm trying my best to look for any areas where it needs improvement, but I don't see any right off the bat.

I consider him for a moment. Usually this is for me and my brother. But Sam isn’t here.

There might be something a little off with this part. It's just me nitpicking, though. If I was to edit this, I might rearrange it in the following way.

I consider him for a moment. Usually this is for me and my brother, but Sam isn’t here.

I also might've added one more sentence at the end of this, just to give a little bit more of information about why Sam isn't there. However, it's great just the way it is as well.

I look down at my hand. I have the big half.

In my opinion, this is a perfect ending.

All in all, awesome piece! Always keep writing!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate