z

Young Writers Society

Pursuing Something Temporary (Warning; Rant)

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:53 pm
hopeispeace says...

I do not lie when I say that I am willing to compromise my own happiness to donate it to those who pursue it through me. Perhaps this will cause my own self-esteem to raise, or maybe just that of another. I do not claim this simply for the respect it will likely earn me, no, I say these things in truth.

Why should I exist without purpose when i know my purpose is to grant others, loan them, my self-worth for their own gain in this area? We live for the pursuit of said happiness, but why should we when we are informed how unreachable, impossible even, of a goal happiness truly is? Why waste time pursuing what we will inevitably find a reason to reject?

Happiness will not be given to us until we have completed this life, this race. Therefore, I see no real harm in letting others feed off my personal temporary happiness, to add to theirs as long as it is allotted.

Understand that i wish not to ruin myself, but to instead pretend that I have been successful in doing right, to aid as well to my own self-worth. However, I am fully aware that these presents will not in fact fully fulfill me, but instead will have to suffice for this life.

Why must I have goals, anyway? It's not as though, if one doesn't, they are automatically ruined. Though it seems that this is believed. But I know my life, my structure, my status, my life in statistics as it currently is, and how likely will remain or change. So why must I pursue what is unreachable?What furthermore, i don't even want?

Happiness in its true, infinite form, is not to be reached until after death. So why must I spend time searching it out? When reached it will invariably not last on this Earth, while i remain in my finite form.

It's pain, pain to think that my life is a waste of a hopeless pursuit of a temporary substance.

Why would I be put here to pursue what will be handed to me in the end?
~HopeisPeace

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights