z

Young Writers Society

"DFTS" Pt. 2

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 pm
Trident says...

Thanks again for the critiques!
Last edited by Trident on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Perception is everything.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:12 pm
Rydia says...

I like Ambrose a lot and I think you need to write another so that there isn't such a huge gap between this part and the other. The characters are imaginative though and their conversations are pointless and funny. A good combination =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:16 am
DefJam101 says...

Excellent dialog O.o Didn't feel clunky at all.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:21 pm
Poltergiest says...

That last part was pretty freakin sudden! But it was still pretty cool. I like Ghent, even though he is kindof a jerk. I was gonna say a different word but there are small children in the room. Anyway, I still love Dugger and still wanna know what happens with the button.

I think you need to shw more emotion in Dugger and tell just a bit more about his past, its really obvious what kinda person Ghent is but... Ok I thought APEs were cool and I wanna know more about the planet they're on. Ok thats just about it, stick with Apathetics too.

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

376 Reviews

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 am
Trident says...

Lol, many thanks for the comments.

I think I'm going to change the ending because the way I did it there was very abrupt as you said. The problem was that I sort of got bored writing and wanted end the chapter quickly. So I copped-out with the whole losing consciousness thing.

I think what I'll do is expand on the dialogue and then having him arrive on the planet. No blackouts.

And Apathetics! I haven't looked at that one in a while. I have a small chunk written for the next section, but it may be a while before I get to it.

And thanks for reading!

376 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:47 pm
Trident says...

Updated.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:58 am
Poltergiest says...

It was good. Better than the first draft, at least. I like how you told about the past of both of them at first. Ghent was cool. Hm... Triangles. Anyway. I think you should describe Dugger because when I hear that name it makes me think of a fat person but...

There wasn't really much else I could find. Ghent talks way to much but thats cool... Yea, nothing else...

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
— Martin Luther King Jr.