Young Writers Society

Mutts - Outside

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:45 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

12/17/07

005 – Outside

It was strange having so much space. It even frightened him a little. All his life he had been fenced in; walled up; tied down. His arms bore scars of many needles and his wrists had a band of hairless skin. The straps on the chairs had finally killed the hair.

The ground was hot beneath his bare feet and the sun was warm on his back. It had always been cold before, except when they put him in the hot box. Sometimes it was wet in there, and it was hard to breathe for all the steam. Other times it was dry and he would get thirsty and sweat would pour down his body. He was sweating now and thirsty again, but he was free. Finally free.
Last edited by GryphonFledgling on Wed May 28, 2008 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:14 pm
Aedomir says...

Hiya! I feel a bit guilty, I haven't read any of your other stuff, but still, let's see what we have here.

'All his life he had been fenced in; walled up; tied down.<-I like this His arms bore scars of many needles and his wrists had a band of hairless skin. The straps on the chairs had finally killed [s]the hair[/s] it.'

I really liked this passage, quick, to the point and well-flowing. The last couple of sentences wer very strong too, I liked them very much.

Cool I jsut realised something! 17/12/07 was my 14th birthday!

Keep writing, I really liked this!

~D'Aedomir~
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:53 pm
HollieWood says...

J'aime! (I'm pretty sure that is how you say I like in french lol..must pay more attention)
Good, keep writing..cause it left a good mental image but I was a little confused..does this go along with something else that I should have read before?
What the F David Blain!
CHEEZE ITS CHEEZE ITS!
Evan! David Blain enlarged the car while I was still holding it!
Im effing Five Foot Ace of Spades!
Get out of my house you back to the future demon ass!

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:57 am
Teh Wozzinator says...

Oh no!! I didn't notice this early enough.

Hmm

I do believe that this is the Mutt, is it not? So now I get to figure out how he feels!! Yay!! lol...

Your story is moving along great. Of course. Just repeating what I've said before. XD

The only edit I have (since this is such a short piece) is the same one that Aedomir had. Change "the hair" at the end of paragraph one into simply "it". Other than that... great!

Can you PM me when part 11 comes out? And part 12, etc...

I really like the story and it's kind of hard to constantly keep track of how many are out.

Keep writing!!

Teh Wozzinator
Go K-State for North Division!!

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:04 am
Katharsis says...

Sometimes it was wet in there, and it was hard to breathe for all the steam.
I would replace this with "hard to breathe through all the steam", for, while valid, just doesn't sit well for me.

Ultimately there's little here to critique. Fix Aedomir's error, perhaps fix the above and write on.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:55 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hey, hon. I'm back, again, with another crit.

Ta,
Cal.

Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing