z

Young Writers Society

"DFTS" Pt. 2

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 pm
Trident says...

Thanks again for the critiques!
Last edited by Trident on Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Perception is everything.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:12 pm
Rydia says...

I like Ambrose a lot and I think you need to write another so that there isn't such a huge gap between this part and the other. The characters are imaginative though and their conversations are pointless and funny. A good combination =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:16 am
DefJam101 says...

Excellent dialog O.o Didn't feel clunky at all.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:21 pm
Poltergiest says...

That last part was pretty freakin sudden! But it was still pretty cool. I like Ghent, even though he is kindof a jerk. I was gonna say a different word but there are small children in the room. Anyway, I still love Dugger and still wanna know what happens with the button.

I think you need to shw more emotion in Dugger and tell just a bit more about his past, its really obvious what kinda person Ghent is but... Ok I thought APEs were cool and I wanna know more about the planet they're on. Ok thats just about it, stick with Apathetics too.

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

376 Reviews

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:13 am
Trident says...

Lol, many thanks for the comments.

I think I'm going to change the ending because the way I did it there was very abrupt as you said. The problem was that I sort of got bored writing and wanted end the chapter quickly. So I copped-out with the whole losing consciousness thing.

I think what I'll do is expand on the dialogue and then having him arrive on the planet. No blackouts.

And Apathetics! I haven't looked at that one in a while. I have a small chunk written for the next section, but it may be a while before I get to it.

And thanks for reading!

376 Reviews

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:47 pm
Trident says...

Updated.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:58 am
Poltergiest says...

It was good. Better than the first draft, at least. I like how you told about the past of both of them at first. Ghent was cool. Hm... Triangles. Anyway. I think you should describe Dugger because when I hear that name it makes me think of a fat person but...

There wasn't really much else I could find. Ghent talks way to much but thats cool... Yea, nothing else...

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault