z

Young Writers Society

My new book Flesh Hunters

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:02 am
bhoutris says...

Prologue: There is a city, one city that holds the remaining population of the earth. 500 years ago in 2012 a nuclear bomb was set off on the earth. Only 564 people survived the radiation and bomb. Many had warned us but we did not listen. The SSF (special security forces)gathered the survivors and set them up in a camp in the Rocky Mountains. Few people survived in the camp because of the food shortages and the disease. The disease mutated people into killing machines. The disease was caused from the radiation. The diseased had 3 rows of razor sharp teeth, extreme speed, thirst for blood, when they were injured they would turn into wolves, and they were only kill able in wolf form. The disease would spread like wildfire in the air we breath, one breath of the air and it was over, forever. The SSF decided to protect the uninfected they put every sick or diseased person outside the camp and built 70 foot high electric fences around the village. Everyone on the wrong side of the fence were left to fend for themselves. At night if you looked out beyond the city limits you could see the diseased hundreds of them standing there, licking there lips and waiting. The population of the camp steadily rose meanwhile the camp becoming fuller and fuller the dormitories getting more and more crowded. 25 years ago the SSF decided that every year there would be a Game... or you could say, a hunt would be held. 29 contestants were chosen any age, any size. Tracking devices put into there arms. video cameras in their eyes, then they were released out of the camp, the last person standing wins. the contestants were nicknamed Flesh Hunters, the beasts they fought were nicknamed Flesh Seekers.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:09 am
Snoink says...

Hey bhoutris! :D

This sounds very much like the beginning of a scary video game with lots of zombie werewolves and such! I probably wouldn't play it, but I'm not much into video games anyway, so don't listen to me about that sort of stuff. ;)

Now, I just wanted to point out a couple of things! First, nuclear explosions have happened before on Earth and they haven't done anything like what you described... not even close! Nuclear explosions are generally centralized, so it would take a lot more than just one bomb to do what you described. Plus, the mutations... radiation sickness sucks, but it doesn't turn you into a werewolf of sorts!

My idea then is to make it be some sort of human virus that has somehow mutated into something that could do this sort of thing. Is this plausible? Maybe not! But it explains the widespread nature of this transfiguration, plus the deadliness. :D

Good luck with writing this!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 am
moonbies says...

sounds just a tad cliche, but quite a good start, i dont understand why the people are called flesh 'hunters' and the things that are trying to kill them are flesh 'seekers' it kinda sounds a bit the same to me.But i think you could do alot with your ideas good work!

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:48 am
midnightread says...

Hi bhoutris
I like this prologue and I can't see anything wrong with it, but I would advise re-reading as it can mean that you improve the post yourself and find any mistakes, plus it is a good habit to get into.
Can you pm me when you post more?
midnightread :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

I think this story could turn out really well. It seems a little strange to me that the ‘game’ is played with people of ANY age, I mean children would be sent on a suicide mission. It seems a little barbaric. And the nuclear bomb was a little odd, also. Maybe you could give us a little more explanation on that? Besides that, good job.
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster