z

Young Writers Society

The Mustangs: Part 3

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:58 pm
spiritblackwolf2705 says...

The truck pulling the horse trailer pulled into a large stable yard with a screech of the brakes. The loud noise woke Nightmare and she began to kick again. The trailers door swung open, Nightmare charged out, bolting away. Many of the riders at the stable turned to look at the newly aquired mustang. Nightmare began to twist and turn, bucking in a circle. Her nostrils flared and her eyes blazed with an uncontrolable rage. A pudgy man walked out of the stable, a straw hat on his bald hat.

"Get that damn mustang under control!" He yelled, stomping an old, ripped cowboy boot on the ground.

"Sorry, Bill!" The sloppy red-headed boy called.

The boy grabbed a rope out of the bed of the truck, and began to run towards Nightmare. Nightmare noticed the human beginning to approach her, she neighed and stopped bucking, turning to face him. She huffed air out of her nose angrily as she looked at the red-headed boy. If he got any closer, he would have a set of broken ribs and a nasty, swollen hoof print on his back.

"Sean, don't get any closer to that thing, she'll kill 'ya!" Shouted a blonde boy, around the same age as Sean.

Sean began to twirl the rope above his head, faster and faster until the rope was just a blur in the air. Sean let go of the rope with one hand, holding tight with the other. The rope soared over head, heading straight for Nightmare. Nightmare stepped back and grabbed the rope with her teeth. With an . angry whiny, Nightmare yanked the rope back, sending Sean flying in the air. Sean landed flat on his face, dust in his mouth, and in his eyes. He began to cough, spitting out the dirt. A series of giggles and laughes erupted from the rest of the riders

"Shut the hell up!" Sean growled, scrambiling to his feet.

A young man, stepped forward, his cow leather cowboy hat shading his eyes. He wore no shirt, so his 6-pack showed. He smiled wickedly, "Lemme try."

Jumping over the fence that kept him away from Nightmare, the young man came closer to her. He extended his hand to her, only to be greeted by a pair of teeth. The young man mearly flinched, he grabbed the rope from Sean,. The young man turned around, pretending to walk away from the mare, then threw the rope. The rope landed on Nightmare's neck and she reared up, pulling the rope from the man's hand.

Nightmare whipped around, storming away, the rope still around her neck. She came to a 5 foot fence, without hesitating she pushed off her hind legs. She easy cleared the fence, landing on the other side with a triumphant whiny. The riders mouths hung agape as they watched from a distance.

"Holy hell! She just cleared a 5 foot fence!" Hollered the brunette girl.

"That rich girls gonna get her moneys worth..." Mumbled Bill, in his head a dark plan was beginning to form, this mustang could make him loads of money.

Nightmare looked around where she had jumped, five horses grazed on the green grass. Nightmare neighed at them, stomping the earth with her hoof. One of the stallions in the field, threw his head up, glaring at Nightmare. The stallion began to run towards her, angrily. He didn't like the mustangs, they were to wild, and they tried to take control of his small herd of tame horses. The stallion stood infront of Nightmare. Nightmare and the stallion both reared up. The horses fought for mintues, kicking and biting. A powerful hoof struck like a bolt of lighting, a dangerous blow to the head. A mighty thud echoed through the field as one horse fell, not dead but injured......

(Which horse fell in the fight? Find on in The Mustangs: Part 4, COMING SOON!)

(Hmm...I think I could have done a better job on this)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:00 pm
spiritblackwolf2705 says...

This is what the stallion Nightmare is fighting looks like:
Attachments
luckyzip_fullsize.jpg
luckyzip_fullsize.jpg (160.69 KiB) Viewed 441 times

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:47 pm
canislupis says...

Very nice! This story keeps getting better and better. I like the way you are posting pictures of the horses on here, since it does give us a very nice visual on the story. I'll have to come back to this later, but I'll just say right off that youd did a very nice job on this.

Can't wait to read more!! I'm pretty sure Nightmare won...... :D

Keep up the good work!

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 am
Kim says...

you did great, i love this story. i am not going to even look for writing errors. i am reading this for the joy of reading an awesome story. i love the pictures. it helps put more of a mental image while reading.
keep going, cant wait for ch 4.

kim

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:21 am
lysolstinks says...

very well done.

short but sweet.

says it all.

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides