z

Young Writers Society

Cut the Rope

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:29 pm
eminemloveeer says...

I sat, cross legged in the golden brown chair in the shelter for abused kids. I stared and examined every kids bruise or cut they had from their abusive parents, mine seemed worse. Cut's ran up my arms and down my skinny as can be legs. Bruises covered my perfectly bruised face, a fresh bruise covered my right eye.

"Emi, somebody is here to pick you up." The young girl at the counter called out peering around the room. I nodded and got up, a young man apeared in front of me, suddenly picking up my very light suitcases that the court applied for me. They also gave me underwear and bras. Since I had none of those. I went about wearing now under garmets or bras. Just jeans and a shirt. "Hello honey," the man whispered trying to touch my hand. I pulled back.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you." I shook my head and we walked into a large parking lot. There was a light blue van parked in front of the building where I sat for two days as they searched for a home for me. It was one call that landed me there, one simple call that got me out of torture.

*two days earlier*

I laid on my bloody capet in my bedroom, my mother's foot kicked at me, ater an hour she left. So did her boyfriend, Doug. I sobbed into my plain white (or should I say bloody red) tee-shirt and after the doors slammed, I began crawling for the kitchen phone. Once I got there I dialed 911 where a young man answered and I began telling my story. Ten minutes later an EMT was at my door, blanket in hand. "Oh Gosh!" I heard him mumble. He was in his twenty's and good looking too. He gathered me into the blanketand held me on the couch as we waited for more EMT'S to arrive. It was that simple.

I shook myself from the memory after I realized the man was called my name.

"Come on dear." I nodded, "You can sit up front, if you want that is." I was being asked? Usually I would be told not asked. I climbed into the farthest back possible, not wanting to disturb the man that soon would become to get to know my story, the one I never tolkd anybody except that EMt who cuddled me on my sofa.
We walked up to a rather large home, children ran around and screamed joyfully and as soon as I got out, I wanted to go hide right away. "Come on dear, don't be afraid." I shook my head as he handed me a card saying Welcome to the family. I frowned and threw the card into my shoulder bag that was positioned on my shoulder carefully.

Authors note: Comment and tell me what you think. I'm new to writing so this is my first story :D

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:43 am
selishXIII says...

Hi,these are just a couple things that can be fixed.
In the first paragraph in my opinion you used the word bruise to often. Then in the second paragraph you used the word "now" when I think you meant no. Just go through this add a bit more detail and clean up the sentences, some of them were a bit awkward. "They also gave me underwear and bras. Since I had none of those. I went about wearing now under garmets or bras. Just jeans and a shirt." Like this sentence could be combined and trimmed a bit. Then when you have
"I laid on my bloody capet in my bedroom, my mother's foot kicked at me, ater an hour she left. So did her boyfriend, Doug. I sobbed into my plain white (or should I say bloody red) tee-shirt and after the doors slammed, I began crawling for the kitchen phone." (or should I say bloody red) You could have this as a thought in italics, it'd just look better that way.
Anyway just go through and fix simple errors. I liked it though and I would appreciate it if you kept me posted on when more is up.

rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint