z

Young Writers Society

Childhood Horrors

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 pm
View Likes
BABYCAKES says...

My name is Leigh. I am the oldest of 3. I have two twin brothers who are 8 months old. My parents are happily married and we live in a large beach house in Hawaii. When we first moved in, my parents decided that a big house like this needed something a little more than designer furniture. It needed a butler. So my dad hired us a butler named Thomas. Thomas is the best. He does our laundry, cleans the whole house, changes poopy diapers, makes us our meals, and even unlocks my video games and tv channels when mom's not home. I have the perfect life! Yeah right. My life goes something a little more like this.

My name is Leigh. I am the oldest of 3. I have two twin brothers who are 8 months old. My parents are constantly fighting over the stupidest things. We live in what some people would call the "ghetto meadows" and we have furniture that my uncle found us at pawn shops and the junkyard. My grandma has lived with us ever since grandpa died. My parents argue about who does the laundry, who has to clean what room in the house, who changes the poopy diapers, who cooks what meal, and even what video games and tv channels are appropriate for me to watch and play. I have a difficult life, and that's the truth.

Today is Monday, another hard day at school. I can't exactly do my homework when I get distracted by my parents screaming at each other. I love them, but hate their fights. Sometimes when dad gets really angry because he has to change a diaper or do something with the babys,he takes out his anger on them. He slams down diapers, almost drowns the babies in their own bottles, oh and did I mention that they are both drug addicts?

Today is the day that I've decided that I'm sick and tired of the way that they treat me and the babies. I need to get away from here, somehow, but what am I supposed to do? Pack up my clothes in a suitcase, grab the diaper bag, fill it up with all the babies needs, grab the stroller and bolt out the door? No. They would see me.I needed to be sneaky.I would sneak out in the middle of the night, fill my wallet with my parents' secret stash o fdrug money (that I'm not supposed to know about, and leave with everything I would need. But there was still one more problem...where would we go? We coudln't stay in a hotel or at anyone in my family's house. I had an idea. But first, I needed a suitcase...and fast!

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 pm
love2write16 says...

Wow I can really see the emotion and how you feel. I also can totally relate. Keep on posting.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Yanni1995 says...

Wow! I mean, yeah, wow! This is a scarily accurate work. The title is definitely appropriate. I didn't really find anything that was wrong with it grammatically aside from a few incorrect spellings.

Today is Monday, another hard day at school. I can't exactly do my homework when I get distracted by my parents screaming at each other. I love them, but hate their fights. Sometimes when dad gets really angry because he has to change a diaper or do something with the babys,he takes out his anger on them. He slams down diapers, almost drowns the babies in their own bottles, oh and did I mention that they are both drug addicts? babies

Today is the day that I've decided that I'm sick and tired of the way that they treat me and the babies. I need to get away from here, somehow, but what am I supposed to do? Pack up my clothes in a suitcase, grab the diaper bag, fill it up with all the babies needs, grab the stroller and bolt out the door? No. They would see me.I needed to be sneaky.I would sneak out in the middle of the night, fill my wallet with my parents' secret stash o fdrug money (that I'm not supposed to know about, and leave with everything I would need. But there was still one more problem...where would we go? We coudln't stay in a hotel or at anyone in my family's house. I had an idea. But first, I needed a suitcase...and fast! "of drug" ; couldn't

There I pointed them out so you can correct them. Happy writing!
Writing is not simply 'telling', it is also 'showing'. ~ Yanni1995

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 pm
Indianwarrior12 says...

That's a very good story and I would like to see more of it, but you could introduce the character a little more, like what's her name (or his)? I just like to give tidbits to try to give people new ideas. Peace!
Personally... I kinda wanna take the dragon.
-Angel

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:28 am
Samp says...

This is a great piece of work, and I love it. There is much strong emotion displayed with only these little words. This portrays and mirrors reality very much. All in all, a good read.

I didn't spot much errors myself, so I guess I can say: Good work!

Oh yes, and as mentioned...
Indianwarrior12 wrote:That's a very good story and I would like to see more of it, but you could introduce the character a little more, like what's her name (or his)?

This ^

Cheers!
-Samp
Absence weakens mediocre passions and increases great ones the same way wind blows out candles and kindles fires.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo