z

Young Writers Society

Bioshock: Tenenbaum's Assistant (Chapter 3)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm
Howler says...

First of all, I want to mention that there I had no idea that this thing can automatically place links to the other chapters in the "Click to see possible related items" section of each piece.
Also, if you're getting Bioshock 2 for the PC, when it comes out you should pass along whatever your username'll be in the game so we can play together. I'll tell mine when it comes out on TUESDAY!!!
Lastly, I'd like to mention that this character does have a name; in fact, I'll tell you it now. Mick Mordechai. It'll be mentioned in this chapter, and it's included in the edited version of the first chapter.
Enjoy!

Chapter 3

I was still half knocked out from the plasmid I injected. I couldn't open my eyes much at all, but I opened them enough to see I was back in the Eve's Garden bed I first woke up in. I was about to go right back to sleep, when I heard some voices having some sort of discussion. Two of them were Sander and Finnegan, but I couldn't recognize the others. I assume they were Sander's other apprentices. They didn't notice me mildly awake; I wasn't facing their direction.

"I say we get rid of him. He's no artist. He's an idiot", said one of the mysterious voices.

"He may not be a an artist like us, but he's still a human. We can't just get rid of him", said Sander. It helped to know that he wasn't saying things bad behind my back.

"I say we take out the adam from him and throw him into the sea", said another mysterious voice.

"I just want something for my art. He'd make a good sculpture, don't you think?", said Finnigan.

"Sander's right, we don't have much of a reason to kill him, but we don't have a reason to keep him either" said the third mysterious voice. I really don't know if I liked this guy or not.

"I'm nothing if not fair. Do you all think it'd be best for him to be thrown out of Fort Frolic?", asked Sander. A sudden silence swept over for a moment.

"Alright", said Sander after the pause. I think they voted by hand. "Hector, do you mind taking care of him?"

"Not a problem", said the third mysterious voice again. I felt comftorable. The others may have killed me. "I'll take care of it in a little bit".

"Good", said Sander, "Let's head off to bed then. It's getting late"

I went back to sleep.

I woke up in the Eve's Garden bed, but I was in one of the tunnels for some reason. As it had appeared, they moved the entire bed with me in it.

There were three doors around; each of them looked like a giant vault door that opened by sliding upwards. I got out from the bed and walked towards the door at the foot of the bed. It didn't open when I walked near it. I looked at every spot, trying to find a button or a lever, but nothing. I presumed it to be locked.

I walked to the one at the head of the bed next, but to a frightening surprise, it was locked too. The third one, I prayed, wouldn't be locked. The praying didn't help, though.

"SHIT" I yelled, stomping my foot on the ground. I started pounding on the door and then I pounded the glass wall. I heard a little snap where I hit it. Uh-oh. I removed my fist to see a small crack in the glass with a strong stream of water coming out. The crack was getting larger and larger, shooting out more and more water. The crack spread to the rest of the glass. I was going to be stuck in there if I didn't think fast.

That's when I noticed my hand; the veins were somewhat more visible, which happened when I was stressed, but they were pulsing white. I thought for a minute, and remembered why I was back in the bed in the first place; the sonic boom plasmid.

I stepped back from the door and thought for a minute on how to use the plasmid. I decided to do what seemed like the most natural way to use a super power. I thrusted my fist forward and snapped it open at the end of the thrust. A translucent, white circle flew from my hand, about the size of the door. The door flew forward. Whoa. I was amazed at the power of that plasmid. I quickly ran through the door and went through another up ahead, which wasn't locked.

I looked at the room I just entered; it wasn't what I would've expected here. The gigantic room I entered was filled with plants, grass on the ground, and trees, still with the same cheap, rusted, metal walls of the Fort Frolic buildings, but there were a few skylights with fish swimming. A sign by the door said "Arcadia" in neon glowing pink and green letters.

I walked around for a little. The air felt very fresh and clean, but that little joy disappeared when I heard a noise; some man was singing to the right in the distance, in the same room.

"Jesus loves me
this I know
for the bible tells me so
if he hollers let him go
and bingo was his name-o"

This guy was a splicer, and a dumb one at that. I walked up closer to him. He was just sitting with his back against the tree. He was in a tank top and dress pants, and had a strange straw mask shaped like a rabbit.

"Who're you?" he asked me.

"I'm Mi-" I started, but he cut me off.

"You ain't from here, are you? You got fancy shmancy clean skin"

For the first time I was back, I realized my own appearance. I hadn't seen my face since I entered Rapture, but I was wearing a long sleeve, red&black plaid flannel shirt with the sleeves rolled up and casual dress pants.

My skin was clean, but I was just soaked in the cracked tunnel not too long ago. My clothes were soaked wet and heavier than they normally were.

"And by the looks of that blood, you're freshly full of Adam, aren't you?", he said. I couldn't see his face under his mask, but I imagine he was liking his lips. He stood up and got up in my face.

"You mind givin' me some of that?" he asked me. I started steeping back. He leaned down back to the tree and picked up a double barrel generic shotgun and pointed it at my chest. I put my hands up, but I didn't think it would help. I knew what might, though. I closed my hands.

"You don't understand-there's no surrendering. There's no comprimise, no alternate ending. If you're gonna give me some of that adam, you can't be alive", the splicer said.

"Screw off", I said to him as I opened my fist. The sonic boom worked as I had expected, and he flew right into the tree he was sitting at earlier. The whole tree snapped in half, and I saw his body bleeding on in the grass.

I have to say, I hadn't ever killed any other person in my life. I'd hunted before, but never another human being. It really didn't feel too bad to me, mainly because these guys were probably gonna die on their own picking fights with eachother, hunting for adam. If I didn't kill them, they'd get killed on their own.

I picked up the shotgun he was holding not too long ago and checked his pockets to find some more shotgun shells. I stuffed them into my pants pockets and started travelling around. I had no idea where I'd go, but I planned on either getting out of here, or giving Sander and his blokes a piece of my mind.

I didn't know where Fort Frolic was. I also didn't know how to get out of Arcadia, let alone out of Rapture. I didn't know where to go, and the tunnel I entered from was flooded by now and innaccessible.

I started just walking forward, hoping whatever doors I saw first would lead me somewhere I wanted to go.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton