z

Young Writers Society

The truth will out~ chapter one (Twilight fan fic)

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:56 pm
MysticalBlood says...

This is chapter one of my twilight fan fiction, i still haven't written chapter two because i'm quite busy. But i'll post each chapter on here and each time i can get reviews from you guys. :) So please, read it through and point out the bits i need to change. :elephant: It's set after Breaking Dawn.

The way the sun shone down onto my pale white sparkling skin made the guilt I felt for all my family arise. I knew I couldn’t cry and I knew there was nothing I could do now. I had been too blinded before to see how much my new life would hurt Charlie and René. They didn’t want this, they didn’t expect me to be this deep, this serious, this committed. But the truth was out, what could they do now? It’s not as if I could make them forget what they saw.
Edward has saved my life, and in doing so, had turned me into a vampire. And my daughter, my beautiful Renesmee… they didn’t know about the relation between her and I, Charlie still believed a lie. René knew nothing of Renesmee, or had known of the inhuman beauty. Even though Renesmee and I looked alike in many ways, she had my chocolate brown eyes I once had and she had my lips. Charlie had a place in her appearance, her brown curls. But the rest was all Edward, the bronze colour of the hair, the way she smiled, everything.
It pained me to recall the way Charlie had cringed away from me in seeing me hunt for my prey. His expression caused my chest to seize up in guilt. The way his mouth had dropped open in shock, the way he had backed away from me, palms outstretched in sheer terror.
I assumed nobody would stumble across me, but I had been wrong. Charlie had been out on duty in the forest looking for something or someone, he’d seen me bring down an elk and had watched as I drained the revitalising blood. I sensed him there, but I couldn’t bring myself to stop draining the creature, the burning in my throat had insisted I keep drinking. When I had finished, I glanced up at Charlie feeling completely torn. He ran away.
Who wouldn’t?
Edward was informed the minute I got back, I had cowered in his arms and confessed everything. He stroked my hair; soothing me and telling me everything would be OK. That was an obvious lie. To hell it wasn’t going to be OK. If I could cry, I would have at that moment, but I couldn’t.
Being a vampire wasn’t the most utmost experience available. Yes, the immortality was there, the forever with Edward was there; the flawless beauty was there too. There were so many things… but there were so many ghastly parts of being a vampire too. The blood, the hisses, the instinctual reflexes to protect your territory, the overpowering way the burning in your throat could control you.
The sound of birds singing in the tree canopies brought me back from my contemplation. I sighed as I glanced again at my impenetrable sparkling skin, pale white and ice cold. The cottage was not far from here; I sniffed the air and began to follow the trail to Edwards and mines home.
As I ran, the trees did not become a green blur; I could see every leaf and rock, every minuscule detail in the bark on the trees, the veins in the leaves, there was everything and yet so much more.
The texture of the soil beneath my feet was soft and slushy, and my feet barely picked any of the dirt up as I skimmed along the surface of the forest floor. The cottage came in sight in less than three seconds from when I had been standing still thinking back to the terrifying confrontation. If the Volturi found out Charlie knew, it would mean most certain death. Charlie would have to keep quiet, I’d have to talk to him, and I would have to tell him everything. That would take time.
The Volturi are like vampire royalty, they make sure nothing slips out of place in the vampire universe. If a vampire’s secret were exposed, all who were involved would be killed. There would be no second chances. But my vampire family might be the ones who were the only exception in that scenario. After several misunderstandings and few invitations, the Volturi will always be watching.
Firstly, Edward had thought I was dead and had gone to the Volturi to be killed. They didn’t want to, and so Edward had decided to make a scene. We’d only made it in time because Alice could see visions. Everything had been so bewildering, Alice’s visions can only be certain if the person has made their mind up. Edward hadn’t, his mind kept changing on how he was going to make a scene. Finally, he settled on exposing himself in the sunlight.
I had only just got to him in time, if I weren’t human; I’d have gotten there before Edward had even taken a step out of the dark alley. I wouldn’t have been so confused and with seconds to spare. Luckily, I had made it.
The most terrifying Volturi experience was probably when I was a vampire. I had protected my family using my ability, I was able protect others with my mind, like a mind force field. The Volturi were mistaken to believe that we had an immortal child in our midst; there was no such truth in the matter. Renesmee is half human, half vampire, and after serious debate and witnesses, they finally left us alone and agreed if Renesmee did show any danger, she would be exterminated.
“Bella!” The sudden call of my name made me stop in my tracks, the cottage door was open, and inside was Jake. He was getting taller and taller everyday, his body was maturing more, and he looked more like a twenty-something year old man than a teenager.
Jacob was my best friend, and he’d looked after me and temporarily filled the hole in my chest when Edward had left Forks. He had quenched my human pain and needing, my weak and feeble body was warm and alive with him in sight. But now I didn’t feel as though I needed him every minute of everyday. For one, I needed space and time for Edward and myself. And for another, I was happy everyday. I didn’t need him to be with me twenty-four seven.
“Bells!” Jacob called again. I skipped to his side and he gestured inside. I frowned and entered.
“What seems to be the problem?” I glanced around the living room, and noticed Charlie sat down on the couch with his gaze fixed on a glass vase by the window.
He looked up when he saw me; I saw fear in his expression, tiredness and worry. His hair was ruffled and he looked as if he’d fallen out of bed repeatedly in the night. I made my way towards him and stopped, I considered how frightened he must feel, then I sat down opposite him. He didn’t look into my eyes once.
“Bella…” he croaked as he rubbed his eyes with his palms.
Guilt surged through me as I watched tears escape from his eyes. I wanted to comfort him, tell him everything was OK.
“Dad…” I looked at Jacob, who was leaning against the doorframe with a smug expression. Smug? Jake had always hated vampires, but could he really sink that low? Low enough to laugh as Charlie cried and shouted blasphemy, screamed and yelled?
“Tell me… Was that you I saw in the forest?” Charlie gulped, and I noticed his arms and legs shake with fear. He glanced into my eyes and shuddered in horror. “It must be…”
I felt the pain of my inexcusable appearance to Charlie in the forest surge and erupt inside me. I wanted to cry, I wanted to do so many things I could never do. I could never eat, nothing. But to complain about those traits would make me a hypocrite. That wasn’t what I should be worried about now anyway, I should be reassuring Charlie, telling him that I would be with him forever.
Ha… lies.
“Dad… I… there’s so much I have to explain before you jump to conclusions,”
Charlie swallowed hard and licked his lips. “Please tell me that was a film set and you’ve been leaving it for a surprise.”
Even as he said it, I heard the doubtful edge to his voice. “I… I’m so sorry dad.”
He shook his head, and ferocious sobs escaped his chest as he moaned. Jacob sat beside me and whispered in my ear, “I told him the truth about me, it’s best he knows about you.”
There was indefinite truth in what Jacob had said. Charlie had found out Jacob was a werewolf, he should know the truth about me, how I would stay immortal forever. But it would hurt so much.
If I told dad the truth, it would cause him a terrible agony, but if I kept it from him forever… “Dad I can tell you what you saw wasn’t real, but that would be a lie. I think it’s time you know the truth about everything. Why I’m like this and the inescapable truth.”
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:01 pm
Kelcia says...

You know? I actually think that what you wrote here is better writing than in the original Twilight novels. A couple of things, though.

"...to Edwards and mines home."

That's just a bit weird. Try rewording it.

You have some verb confusions in there too, but it's not much.

I think that Charlie was slightly out of character when you made him cry.

But other than that, it's a pretty good piece.

-Kelcia
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:11 pm
MysticalBlood says...

yeah i know.. i'll toughen charlie up. that's something i need to change lol.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm
midnightread says...

Hi MysticalBlood
I like this and as I was reading my sister was playing the twilight audio book so I can make a good comparison.
Kelcia is right, Charlie isn't completely in character and I don't think Jacob would be smug, I think he would only be smiling but hey who knows, it's your story and you can decide what the characters are like.
Like I said I like it and I think it's a good addition to the Twilight Saga.
midnightread :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm
nova says...

Ha :)

I am what you would call a 'Twinerd' and i always relish the chance to see a bit of fan-fic :!:

(to be honest, I dont think stephenie meyer is a brilliant writer... but I cant help but love TTS! :P)

This is really good but... Charlie? He's a little... you know... not himself in this. If you are output on him having this new persona, try to involve something in the story of how something has happened to charlie to change him, or just mention it so readers can get an overall bettter grip on the character of Charlie Version 2 :lol:

:D Great writing. Would love to see more :P
Alot of the time, im on here using my PS3 & my trusty usb keyboard.
Dont expect much fancy quoting blocks... I shall do what I can. ;)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm
nova says...

ALSO: Rene -> Renee! :P
Alot of the time, im on here using my PS3 & my trusty usb keyboard.
Dont expect much fancy quoting blocks... I shall do what I can. ;)

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Naydy says...

Really awesome story. Is way more better that the original. Keep writing more!
Tear down! the walls that will surround
Cry out! above the burning sound
Show me! how bleeding hearts still pound
If we stand together,we will be unbroken!

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal