z

Young Writers Society

The Spirit Vampire - Chapter Three

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue May 18, 2010 5:00 pm
austenite says...

Lunch time.

I had survived half the day. Three periods down, three more to go. European History, Government and the dreaded Physics.

I still didn't understand why I was in the class – I sucked at Physics. Laws of attraction and all that baffled me - and I was failing the class. Yet for some reason this year, everyone wanted to take Biology.

Bella hadn't been in any of my classes today, but it sure felt like she was. Of course everyone knew that the Chief of Police's daughter was coming to stay even before class had started. By the time my third period Spanish had rolled around, I was ready to throttle Eric Yorkie and Tyler Crowley. Not only were they talking about Bella, but in Spanish. Terrible Spanish, enough to send Salvador Dali turning in his grave.

I sighed a breath of relief as the bell went for lunch, making my way to the cafeteria as quickly as I could. In the cafeteria, all around me people were gossiping about what could have possibly brought a city girl to small town Forks. Most of them hadn't laid eyes on Bella yet, which made me laugh considering they thought she was one of those blonde Barbie dolls usually associated with Arizona.

You see, Bella didn't look like your typical city girl. I mean, when we small town people think of places like Arizona and California, we think of sunshine and beautifully tanned men and women playing volleyball. Bella had dark hair and pale skin – if you were completely oblivious to her arrival, one might think that she belonged with the Cullens, not from a state known for its mass amounts of sunshine. Basically, she looked like she belonged in the wettest town on the planet. Yet she was new, and being new meant that you were a novelty. I of all people understood that.

Waiting in line, I scanned around the room, searching the many familiar faces for Bella. Before he had left for Port Angeles yesterday, I had promised Charlie that I'd look out for her.

She was sitting with Jessica and her posse of girlfriends. Rolling my eyes, I moved forward in the line, grabbing a sandwich. Of course Jessica would snaffle the new girl up. It made me want to vomit, seeing Mike and Eric and everyone look at Bella the way they did. Even Edward Cullen was staring at her, curiosity written all over his face.

I rolled my eyes again, moving up in the line to grab a sandwich, making for the exit of the noisy cafeteria and somewhere nice and quite instead.
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm
Addawen19 says...

It's good, but all three chapters are so short, and in all reality I don't know anything really about Ally. Why does she dislike everyone around her? Your writing is nice, clean and it makes sense. But your character discription for Ally, is at a loss. All I know is she has blonde hair and a girl. Other then that, I like this, one thing because I'm a be Twilight fan, keep up the good work!!
The heart wants, the body needs, and the mind suffers. - me

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu May 20, 2010 12:11 am
fictionfanatic says...

This is really good... It's pretty short though. And you had Ally grab the sandwhich twice.
Live, Love, Laugh

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 am
austenite says...

fictionfanatic wrote:This is really good... It's pretty short though. And you had Ally grab the sandwhich twice.

Thanks for pointing that out...I'd never noticed it before!!
I will eviscerate you in fiction. Every pimple, every character flaw. I was naked for a day; you will be naked for eternity.
Chaucer, A Knight's Tale

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
Oscar Wilde

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb