z

Young Writers Society

The Rise of Mustang

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 am
Quetou says...

Alright kiddies, this is my first story on here. Surprise, surprise, this is a fanfic. A Pokemon fanfiction. With no iconic characters from the show or games. Although this is based off of Pokemon Battle Revolution... Wow, I suck at this...

Now, I took this from my fanfiction.net account so don't say that I stole this!! Because I didn't. =3

So all you YWS peoples, I hope you enjoy The Rise of Mustang. Tell me what you think, and flames are welcome. ;D They're only fuel to my fire.

Alright. Time to explain my coding. First, I'll always start with some beginning notes. Then, I'll do the title of the book, then the chapter and chapter title, then the ages of the characters in the book so far. Following that, I will finally do the actual chapter before finishing off with those fun end notes. =p

The Rise of Mustang

Chapter 1: Departure

Mustang - Age 15

It was a beautiful morning in Sinnoh. A young man was going to start over today. A young man who would become a legend. But what would happen to him on his journey? Only Fate can tell...

Mustang's eye shot open as a single ray of light made it's way through the blinds and landed upon his face. He began to get up and looked at his alarm clock.

The Pikachu alarm clock had the time "9:26 AM " upon the screen in red digits.

"Oh shoot! I'm late!" Mustang shouted at himself.

He ran to the bathroom and hurriedly took a shower. Ten minutes later, Mustang was dressed and dry.
He was in his usual outfit: a white T-shirt, a black jacket, and red jeans that hugged his legs tightly. He wore white and gray shoes, as well. The top of his head was also adorned by a gray hat. Mustang's eyes were a bright emerald and his mint green hair fell down to his jaw bone while his bangs stopped right above his eyes.

"Well that's more like it. But the plane to Pokétopia leaves in half an hour!" Mustang said and with that, rushed out of his apartment.

"I better save time and use Raptos to fly to the airport." said Mustang as he pulled out an Ultra Ball with a blue star seal on it. He raised it above his head and pressed the button in the center of the black ball. "Raptos, go!" A red beam of light shot out of the ball and concentrated on the ground. About a second later, a brown feathered Staraptor was in front of Mustang. On the large bird's head, there were some blue feathers upon the talon made of feathers. Mustang stood proudly looking at Raptos.

"Wow I can't believe you decided to come with me even though you're a differently colored (A.N.: They don't ever use the term 'shiny' in the games so I may be using the term 'differently colored' for awhile) pokémon... But we gotta go Raptos! We're leaving Sinnoh. I don't think I'll make it as a very good trainer here... So we're heading to the city of Pokétopia down in the Hanu Region (A.N.: I'm just going to make a new region seeing as Pokétopia doesn't really have a region) and taking on the colosseum challenges and see how we do. But we have to get to the airport by 11:00 and it's 10:45. Do you think you can get us and the suitcase there in time?"

The bird didn't have to think about it. Raptos nodded and started flapping it's powerful wings. Mustang grabbed onto it's feet with one hand while holding onto the small suitcase with the other.

"Let's fly!" Mustang yelled enthusiastically as he felt his feet lift off the ground.

They arrived at the airport at exactly 10:55. When Mustang let go of Raptos, he thanked the bird and gave it a rest inside it's Ultra Ball. Then Mustang grabbed his suitcase and ran inside. The luggage loaders (A.N.: I have no idea what they're called) took the bag and let Mustang onto the plane (A.N.: If you own Battle Revolution, the plane on is the orange vehicle pass so that's what the plane is like).

Mustang had to admit, this was quite the plane! It had 4 floors and 9 rows on each floor while the rows had 5 seats each. He then noticed an empty window seat and decided to grab it. While waiting for the plane to take off, a teenage boy sat down next to him.

Mustang noticed that the two looked almost like they could be twins. The guy had a black jacket with green a green hexagon pattern in spots along with matching pants and a flame pin. He had brown hair that was the exact same length and style as Mustang's hair.

"Hey I'm Mustang. It's a pleasure." said Mustang holding out a hand for the teenager to shake.

"Name's Ace. You going to the Hanu Region, too?" Ace asked shaking Mustang's hand.

"Totally. I'm going for Pokétopia's Colosseum Challenges because things aren't working out for me here. And what are you going for?" Mustang was getting interested in Ace to see what his answer would be.

"Really? Because that's the same deal with me! I want to become a Pokétopia Master Class Battler." Ace stated with excitement and pride.

"Wow. You must be pretty good at battling if you set your goals that high! I am not that good so I'm just going to see how far I can get..." said Mustang. His head dropped a little in disappointment in himself.

Ace felt bad for Mustang and said "I bet you'll do fine. You just need a little practice, that's all."

Mustang lifted his head and smiled at his new friend. "You know? You're right. I'm going to try super hard and then we can have a battle and even become rivals!"

"Ha ha ha! You're totally right! But don't think I'm going to go easy on you!" Ace said feeling a bit nostalgic. Then the voice of the captain came from the speakers in the chairs.

"Hello everyone and thank you for picking Pokétopia airlines today! We will be arriving at Pokétopia at approximately 1:35 PM. The temperature of Pokétopia is currently 79℉ and the weather is clear sky. But we cannot guarantee it will stay like that because of the battles taking on and a pokémon may use Sunny Day or Rain Dance. So be aware of that. We will now be taking off."

"Awesome! I can't wait!" Ace and Mustang exclaimed in unison. They both laughed at how alike they were.
Neither of them knew how much of a friendship they would have in the future...

So there you go. I gave you the first chapter. Expect one update per week. =)

By the way, I'll be accepting requests for stories now... So if you wan a story to be done by me, I'll gladly do it. Just email me at theriseofmustang@gmail.com =D

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 am
View Likes
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Ok, hey there, buddeh.

So, review. I didn't finish reading it, because I *have* to tell you these things now! >.<

You have a lot of description when talking about *things*, but it's not necessarily a good descriptive writing. What I read was a bit dull, straight forward. Try to cheese it up a little. When I find some of my descriptions bland, I find the more drama the better. Ok, maybe not drama, but...You know, spice it up a little! =P I know you're creative enough! ALSO your dialog was quite simple, and rather boring, jsut from what I read :/ Try to be a bit more creative with that, out of the box is always better, even if it's just to try new things.

Also, I would advise you not to put notes in the middle of your writing ;) It's distracting and pulls you out of the story. Put them at the end as footnotes, yer?

That's about it for me =^_^= Keep up the good work!

~Doorbell
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:34 am
Quetou says...

Thanks Soph. Well, a few things... This is only the first chapter. ;) One other thing, this was almost a year ago when I wrote this. Now, I'm more experienced. ^_^ So as for drama and spice, it'll get better. Trust me. ;D

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate