z

Young Writers Society

Bonded By Blood A True Blood FanFic

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:24 am
thegirlandthepen says...

Those mysterious amethyst eyes were unlike anything Godric had ever seen before. Had he finally met his match? She had willingly saved his life, twice. He couldn't help but want her to stay, but there were things Lilia needed to do. Godric/OC/Jason

Chapter One - So Serene

He was even more beautiful whilst sleeping.

So serene. Now and then he would start to breathe. Although he didn't need to, and I would watch his perfectly formed chest rise and fall and then remain motionless again. He always wore a slight smile on his face, in his sleep. As if he were happy, I wondered what he dreamed about, or if he even dreamt at all. His skin positively glowed in the dim light of the grand bedroom, his lavender eyelids the only part of his body with any colour. Except the navy blue tattoos that covered most of his body.

I hesitated for a while, arranging my things as slowly as I could. Just to salvage a few more stolen minutes with him. He was fascinating to watch, even unconscious. His superior presence never deteriorated, but the years seemed to fall off him. He looked the way he should, like a fifteen year old boy. A child even. It pained me to think that somebody turned him at such a young age. I'd only known him five minutes, but I found him so intriguing I just wanted to linger. I'd never met a vampire before, I'd heard so much about how cruel, terrifying and dangerous they were. But not Godric, there was something very peaceful and good about him. I couldn't put my finger on it.

The house was completely silent, except for two human guests. And one of them had passed out on the sofa, probably due to exhaustion. It had been a long day, the sight of him snoozing made me yawn myself. The beautiful, gap toothed blonde smiled widely at me as I creeped out of Godric's bedroom.

"I didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself before, I'm Sookie, Sookie Stackhouse. And that there is my brother Jason."

"Its nice to meet you. I'm Lilia."

"Lilia, that's an unusual name."

"It is. You are Bill's companion?"

She nodded, her expression warmed at the mere mention of his name. Bill Compton was quite a young vampire, all things considered, compared with Godric's 2000 years. He was still living in the year he had been turned, always upright and gentlemanly. His black hair and brooding stare is probably what caught Sookie's eye. Reluctantly he had took a bed in the spare bedroom for the night, after today's events they all needed time to rest and heal. I was surprised to find Sookie still up, and not sleeping with him. She snapped out of her lovesick trance and looked up to me, eyes wide like she had something to say.

"I can't hear you either."

"Well that's a relief, I'm not sure my thoughts would be of much interest to you."

Sookie could tell that was about as much conversation she was going to get out of me all night. I didn't want to be rude, but I had very little interest conversing with a telepathic waitress, I should of left ages ago. I had all my things together, everything I had set out to do was done. Godric was safe and sound, nobody had died tonight. I could easily make my way back home, instead I refused. Because of course, he had asked me too. I couldn't understand the strange hold he seemed to have on me, it felt so similar to that back at the Church. Sookie sat on the edge of the sofa, flicking through some kind of Vampire magazine left laying around. I could tell this was going to be a long day, waiting for the vampires to awaken. It was odd to think that only a few hours ago, I was sneaking into the prison cell of a very old and very infamous, captured Vampireā€¦

Three hours previous.

He was so beautiful.

But merely a boy, when he was made vampire he could have been no older than fifteen, yet ironically he was older than Jesus Christ himself. So childlike yet so unbelievably wise. If the stories were true, that he was in fact 2000 years old. But he barely looked like he had hit puberty. What kind of monster turned him at such a young age?

Strange blue tattoos adorned his toned torso, and arms. He was muscular for a boy of his size. Those possibly symbolic markings would have any historian dying to take a look at, yet I was getting a look for free. It was obvious he hadn't fed in weeks, his skin was greying and papery thin. I knew vampires hardly put on weight, but he looked even more dead than they usually do. Not that I had encountered many, I wasn't sure what to expect when I broke through into the prison like cell they had been keeping him in. All the stories of Godric, the legendary yet captured vampire had me imagining all sorts of things.

His short, cropped brown hair clung to his forehead with sweat. Silver chains kept him flat to the stone slab he was laying on, the smell of burning flesh no longer putrid, the chains had obviously been on for a while. I removed them carefully, his pale blue eyes flickered, he was too weak to even get up. Peeling back the chains revealed red raw imprints of the silver, all over his neck, arms, legs and chest. I know I wasn't supposed to feel sorry for him, he had killed thousands upon thousands of people, innocent people. Those far outweighed anything he had done for my kind. But the debt I was simply repaying stopped being something I had to do, and turned into something I wanted to do. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him, he was so helpless.

I bent down to remove a bag of blood that I had strapped to my leg, not forcibly taken, purely bought off a friend who happens to be a phlebotomist. Handy huh? It was laced with a few drops of my own blood. Much like a vampire's, both have uniquely powerful healing qualities, as well as others. I knew there were consequences for creating such a extraordinary blood bond, but in this situation it was absolutely necessary, there was a chance that he was too weak to even recover with just human blood, and I wasn't about to let him die in vain. I stabbed a straw through the bag, and put it to his lips.

"Drink this." I murmured.

Parting his mouth seemed a struggle, I helped him sit up carefully, propped up against one of my arms while the other fed him the blood. He was colder than I expected, the thin cotton shirt so ragged that my bare skin touched his and I almost flinched. I felt him tremble slightly at the touch too, but it could have been the shock of the warmth of my skin. He sucked on the straw feebly, almost like a little baby, I half expected a frenzy to take over. I was sure as soon as he realised what he was drinking he would grab the bag off of me and suck it dry, but he didn't, he kept the same snail like pace throughout, it was almost too painful to watch.

I listened out for signs of the bastards keeping him down here coming to check on him, but nothing. Complete and eerie silence. I had about an hour until sunrise, possibly 30 minutes to get him out. I knew for a fact the place would be crawling with people, I had to be discreet, I wasn't allowed any casualties or fatalities. I had to devise a plan, and fast. I found myself absent mindedly stroking my fingers in a circular motion on Godric's back, almost like after feeding a baby when you pat them to make them burp. I was already feeling a slight connection, but I knew that was just the blood talking.

"Can you stand up?" I nudged him gently, he inhaled deeply and opened his eyes so they fully met mine. They were the palest shade of blue, so dazzling that I couldn't look away. He slowly moved forward, steadying himself with his hands, which looked almost too big for his body. Slowly but surely, he managed to stand up. I let a smile escape on my face, Godric noticed and looked puzzled, I retracted it and stood to face him. He had looked so much smaller laying down, in fact he was a good four inches taller than me. And he was looking minutely better already, I'd like to say the colour returned to his cheeks, but of course this was impossible. But he already looked slightly whiter than the grey that made him blend in with the cell walls. I could only see one means of escape for Godric and I, but another one for me. There was a tiny crack in the door, if I transformed into something tiny, an ant possibly, I could pass through easily. But of course I had a 2000 year old, 5ft5 vampire to consider.

He was hardly inconspicuous.

"You are not vampire." Were the first words he said to me, his voice sent shivers down my spine. But not of fear, almost pleasure. It was like a soft caress, neither threatening nor warm. Almost humble. His accent was hard to detect. Nobody knew where he came from, only that he was born roughly in 8BC, I had been doing my research. I shook my head, he almost looked confused. And this confused me, in all of his years, in all of the species he had encountered, he could not work out what I was? I lifted up the black vest top I was wearing, to reveal the mark on the left of my stomach. An ancient emblem that he would understand, and he did.

"I will explain later, but first. Are you able to travel?"

He nodded weakly, and gingerly took a step towards the door. I was surprised at how slowly the mixture of human and supe blood was kicking in, I thought his healing would have been much faster than this. I was not sure if in his condition it would be possible to make it out alive. Suddenly he moved so fast I had to steady myself from falling over, I suppose that was the vampire version of a 'sugar rush'.

With Godric back on his feet and hopefully his strength, it made moving to the main foyer of the building in which he was being held in a lot easier. In turn we took out a couple of 'Soldiers Of The Sun' he seemed reluctant to actually hurt the people who had imprisoned him for so long, preferring to incapacitate them rather than kill. This suited me, as I was doing the same, knocking out the guards as cleanly and as painlessly as possible. I was not a killer. I finished dragging the sleeping soldiers into what appeared to be a broom cupboard, when the door shut behind me, and those periwinkle blue eyes were inches away from my face. Slightly alarmed, I opened my mouth to speak, but he simply put a finger to my lips, caressing my face with his other hand. I fought hard not to let out a moan, for such a simple gesture my skin fizzled with his touch. But I knew what it was, it was the blood bond. It would soon wear off. His marble hand moved from my face into my hair, he ran his fingers through my brunette waves, I closed my eyes and savoured the moment.

"Gotcha."

The door burst open to reveal a group of angry looking Fellowship Of The Sun members, an organisation set up purely to rid the world of Vampires. I recognized the leader, Steve Newlin. His smarmy smile and neat black comb over made my stomach turn, if I didn't know better, I would of ripped his head off right there and then. But I vowed I would never ever kill anyone, unless it was absolutely necessary. It was like my feet were rooted to the spot, bound by a force I did not recognize. Godric simply held his hands up, and allowed the men to grab him and take him away, the door shut behind him. Still stuck standing in the same spot where we had almost kissed, my brain went into overdrive. Why hadn't they noticed me? And what the hell was I waiting for? There was thirty minutes til sunrise and the 'Fellowship Of The Sun' would more than likely make Godric face it.

Something inside of me clicked, the thought of Godric incinerating in the morning sun somehow pained me so intensely, that I would stop at nothing to avoid this. I allowed myself a few minutes to concentrate, and closed my eyes.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters of the Fellowship of the Sun. I am so proud to have you all here today, to witness the day that this monster has to face the music. Quite literally, yes my friends. The sun will come up in precisely five minutes, and when it does. We know that we will be rid, of one of these filthy, disgusting, murderous creatures. As God is my witness I know-"

Steve Newlin broke off abruptly, the church doors opened suddenly and in stepped a beautiful Hispanic vampire. She wore a long velvet robe, adorned with silver togs. Her hair was sleek black and almost reached her bottom, her pearly fangs were out, the whole crowd gasped together. Steve Newlin looked terrified, Godric looked bewildered..

"Why take the Prince when you can have the queen? Unhand him, I am much older and more important. If you kill me, it'll be worldwide news." She spoke with a slight accent, and a lisp.

"Queen Isabella?" Steve asked shakily.

"Yes, and if you do as I say you too will become worthy of Kingship. If not, then I cannot guarantee the safety of the people in this church, I am a very thirsty, and very powerful vampire," She purred, her eyes lightly skimming over the terrified humans in the Church. "you only have minutes until the Sun comes up, you cannot have both of us."

Then Steve Newlin done something extraordinary, he agreed to the mysterious Vampire's requests. He allowed Godric to leave, but instead he refused. Lingering like he had a score to settle.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 am
Addawen19 says...

This is good, I want more! I love love love!! True Blood!! Eric is my favorite, Godric is pretty nice too, wish they had him in more episodes. Oh well, on to you!
I love this, there's enough mystery and suspense, that is's not boring or over powering. I cannot wait for more of this, your female character sounds sooo cool, can't wait to read more!!
The heart wants, the body needs, and the mind suffers. - me

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm
thegirlandthepen says...

First of all, thank you so much for your kind review. :)

And secondly, I have actually developed a growing fondness for Eric. So much so that I must incorporate him into my story more. I loved Godric's character, I really wish they could somehow fit him in more. But I felt his unfortunate demise in the series was right and beautiful at the same time. Allan Hyde's an incredible actor, look forward to seeing more of him!

Man I could talk about True Blood all day! Thanks again.

E xo
"If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot. There's no way around these two things that I'm aware of, no shortcut." - Stephen King.

EDDiE. :]

Want an honest review?
topic67916.html

trust your heart if the seas catch fire (and live by love though the stars walk backward)
— E.E. Cummings