z

Young Writers Society

The Second Quell [ 2 ]

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:10 pm
Teardrop says...

Okay, so this chapter isn't really well written, I just wrote this today so it's just a draft. But it's been forever since I posted the first chapter so i thought I might as well show you the next one. Sorry, my apologies. : ) Also, I know this is short, this is not all of the second chapter, I'll add more tomarrow, sorry about that. : )

I sat down in the chair for my "makeover." The woman who must have been designing my outfit to wear to the parade, paced around me as the other two stylists plucked menacingly at my eyebrows, and fixed me up.

Once they had bathed me in warm water, the woman dressed me in my outfit. The outfit was supposed to represent District Twelve. Unfortunatly, The Seam is the coal mining district. I bit my tongue as the women suited me up in a black coal miner's outfit.

Finally, I was aloud to look into the silver-rimmed mirror. I didn't reconize the man staring back at me. My eyebrows were thin, and angled just a bit, my usual mangy brown hair was shiny and there wasn't any tangles.

I wondered what the other tributes looked like. All fourty eight of them. I had to admit, I was afraid to go into the arena. With double the tibutes, there was a way less of a chance for me to win. I shook the thought out of my head as they led me into the chariot.

---

Maysilee was dressed in an identical outfit as me. Her eyes were smeared with black makeup that shadowed her blue eyes. I turned to face the large crowd.

There were hundreds- thousands of people in the stands. A lot of them were holding up signs, or wearing tee shirts. The rest of the parade went by quickly. I zoned out half the time, humming random tunes, or watching people in the crowd.

The parade came to a halt in front of the Training Center.The tower was huge. It had to be, a floor for each district. This was to be our home until the games actually began.

Maysilee and I followed the same woman who had announced our names at The Reaping into an elevator. She pressed the twelve button, and the elevator shot up. A minute later, the doors slid apart and we were led outside. I was shown to my room.

My room was unlike anything I had ever been in before, like a suite in a hotel. It had a bathroom inside too. After setteling in, it was time to eat.

I sat down beside Maysilee in the dinning room. The table was long, way to many chairs for just the three people. The women introduced herself as Chloe Gladden.

Only one word could describe the meal that followed; amazing. Three men, all wearing identical white suits emerged from the doors carrying trays. One man poured wine in the glasses already on the placemats. Another man put a few plates on the table, chicken, stews, all different kinds of bread, soups, vegetable trays, a fruit salad, and more.

I took food greedily, the food on the table was more than I would ever have back at home. I stuffed myself until I thought I was going to be sick. I drank heavily, and I sat back as my stomach flipped. Afterwards, I headed back to my room, thinking that I wouldn't have to eat for days.

I laid on my bed, and yawned. Chloe poked her head in, "Haymitch?"

" What? " I groaned. Chloe stepped all the way inside the room, her hair as vibrant as ever, a permanant smile plastered across her face.

" It might be a good idea to get some sleep. We start training tomarrow"
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter