z

Young Writers Society

The Seeker

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue May 24, 2011 5:28 pm
asweeney1919 says...

It was a weird vine, it was kind of dusty like. Richard had never seen this vine before and he has been through this forest many times. Zed had brought Richard threw the forest and taught him which plants would help heal wounds faster and which plants would kill you. Zed made Richard want to learn more and more, Zed made Richards brain hunger for more knowledge.
Richard reached down to grab the vine when all of a sudden it jumped up and bit the palm of his hand. Richard yanked back his hand in pain and looked at it and there were two small holes in his hand where the vine had bitten him. Richard started to feel dizzy, when all of a sudden he just fell back and landed with a thud on the ground.
He woke up several hours later with a splitting head ach. He got up and looked at his hand and it was now swollen up and the holes had some clear looking liquid coming out of them. Richard walked out of the woods onto a rock that was up higher than the lake and he could see the path when he saw something on the path bellow. He looked closer and he saw it was a woman and she was in a beautiful white dress but something wasn’t right, the woman was walking at a fast pace.
Richard looked behind the woman and saw four men following her, but they were creeping behind her going from tree to tree and rock to rock. Richard thought I should go down and warn her that she has four men following her. But then he thought maybe it’s just her and her brothers playing a game. But then he thought if it was her and her brothers she wouldn’t be walking that fast.
Richard looked ahead and saw old pikes pass. He thought if I could warn the woman before she gets to old pikes path I could convince her to come with me and cover up our tracks and get her away from those men. Richard took a dead sprint down the hill in the forest. He finally got to the path and dropped to his knees and caught his breath.
He got up and saw the woman coming around the corner. Richard caught his breath at the sight of her beauty. She came close to him and he said
“Hi my name’s Richard, I was up at the top of the hill and I saw you, and there was some guys following you.”
“How many were there?”
“There were four of them.”
“Oh, that’s not good. Did you want to help me?”
“Yes.”
“How do you plan on doing that?”
“I know a path just up ahead and I could cover my tracks and get you to my town where you will be safe.”

Reviews: 0
Tue May 24, 2011 5:38 pm
mustang says...

I liked it, expeshily when Richard got bit by the vine.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 pm
Redfang18 says...

Excellent, just excellent. You captured the environment of the forest perfectly. I like it. Keep writing for the sake of writing and capture more environments. I suggest you use a little magic in the mix, just for the fun of it.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri May 27, 2011 4:18 pm
Stori says...

Hello there, Sweeny. Shall I give this a good going-over?

Zed had brought Richard threw the forest and taught him which plants would help heal wounds faster and which plants would kill you.

First of all, there's no need to keep repeating their names. Just so long as we know who's who.

He woke up several hours later with a splitting head ach.

It's headache. Don't worry too awfull much about it, though.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare