z

Young Writers Society

Friends in Need snippet

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm
Stori says...

I'd noticed that Rain Clan had an odd cat out: Rootclaw. She made no effort to befriend anyone, especially not the youngest cats. Maybe I should have left her alone, but being me, I'd sent the others out "hunting" even though the fresh-kill pile was spilling over. Now only I, Brairpelt and Rootclaw were in camp.

"Rootclaw, I don't like to see anyone unhappy."

"I'm not unhappy." She didn't look at me as she said it.

"Maybe not, but you aren't exactly popular around camp. You don't have to-"

She interrupted, "Are you trying to find me a mate? If so, I resent it."

My mouth was hanging open and I knew it. "That just isn't so! All I'm saying is, it wouldn't hurt to at least talk to someone. I was beginning to think you were mute."

Oh, 'Storm, you have no tact.

Rootclaw grimaced. Her forepaws kneaded the ground, and I saw that the right one was missing a claw. She caught me looking and raised her tail defiantly.

"I'll think about your advice. In the meantime, leader or no, I'll shred your ears if you pester me again."

"You're welcome."
Last edited by Stori on Tue May 31, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 126
Sun May 29, 2011 1:02 pm
Ignatius5453 says...

Interesting storyline, I'd like to read more, it caught my interest.
Flightplan 49

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 pm
Alliaaryn5665 says...

Hi,

Haha, I love it. I want to read more!

Fairwell,
A.
You think you are any different from me,or yourfriends?Or this tree?If you listenhard enough,you canhear every living thingbreathing together.You canfeel everything growing.We are all living togethereven if most folksdon't act like it.We all havethe same roots,and we are allbranches of the sametree.

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham