11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm
WebzTycoon says...

Heart and Soul
A Harry Potter Fanfic
Part One: Conspiracies
Spoiler! :
This Story take place in, you guessed United States, in an alternate version of the Harry Potter Series during the events of the 7th book. If Harry Potter dies, who's to stop You-Know-Who from terrorizing, not just Britain, but the entire magical world?http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/posting.php?mode=edit&f=360&p=891239#

The sun sank below the horizon, deep into the dark icy waters of Lake Michigan. Those watching could see the evening sky light ablaze with scarlet and violet. The golden, neon lights of the city flicker on as night befalls the metropolis. This, is a sunset in Chicago.
And the time that draws most magic folk out of slumber to start their day. Most would go about wielding their wands and casting spells trying to fight off magical creatures and so forth, but two noteworthy, rather important wizards, would meet that night, both of which are two disguised headmasters of two renowned academies.
And they would meet at none other then the Sears Tower, preferably, the rooftop look out. The first was the principle of off Sophia Soaras School for Sorceress. She was dressed in a typical witches hat, obsidian robe and leather ebony boots. She had deep glassy black eyes that shined like marbles that gazed upon the city with worry. Her face was pale and she had a look of fatigue. On her shoulder sat a black cat, hunched over licking it self, seemingly content with its lazy self.
The Witch was Sophia Soara, and she was a stereotypical witch. However, many would have not guessed that she was 158 years old.
Suddenly, after moments of silence, (except for the sounds of muggle society), the second headmaster teleported to the rooftop, holding an old soggy brown boot. He was Aurthur Avens, overseer of Aurthor Avens Academy for Alchemist.
“Oh! You're here already!” He said, delighted to see his old partner again. He was dressed in a dark purple robe with glowing yellow stars sewed into the cloth. He wore a tall, pointy wizard’s cap with a sun and moon stitched into the sides. In his left hand he held a small brown leather book that had seemed to have withered with the years. His brown eyes, grey hair and wrinkled skin hinted at his wisdom. He was your stereotypical storybook wizard.
Sophia looked up giving an exhausted smile. Concerns for political issues dominated her expression.
“Good evening Arthur.” She said in a faint voice.
“Good evening, Sophia.” He said smiling, trying to put Sophia’s’ worries at ease. “I wouldn’t worry. I don’t think anyone will suspect to find us here.
“It’s not that. I just wanted to find somewhere tranquil and secluded to talk.”
“I would say this place does the job quite nicely. Breathtaking view isn’t it?” he says in aw.
There is an awkward silence as both magicians look onward at the fading horizon.
“I’ve heard rumors.” Said Sophia.
“So have I.” Arthur says, the enthusiasm long gone.
“I heard that You-Know-Whos Influence is starting to grow. Gossip says there is a new group known as the Soulstealers. Is it true?"
Arthur sighs, then says, “Paris has fallen. There was a muggle massacre at the Notre dam this morning. 50 muggles and 1 wizard. All slaughtered. Who knows how many more will die”
Sophia stands quite for a moment, then says “Arthur, I’ve been thinking…”
“Yes, Sophia?”
“They’re not going to stop. They’re going to come here. They’re going to try to oppress us as well” She pauses, then says, “the government has closed the borders, but I’ve heard that they’re already starting to infiltrate the Embassy of Enchantments. It’s time we prepare to defend ourselves”
“And what do you propose?”
“We merge our schools into one, and move to the country side. At least that way we can defend the children from harm. Our school owns a wonderful run-down plantation that hasn’t been in use for years”
“What about other wizards and magicians? Do we leave them to fend for themselves”
“First things first Arthur. The school year hasn’t started so we have time to work it out. Right now I’m only concearned about the students, but if things get too bad, the school can be easily turn the school into a self sufficient safe house.”
Arthur hesitates, then agrees, “I suppose that’s the best we’ve got. I’ll work on organizing a militia and send the letters to all students, staff and parents in the morning. We move to the country side” he turns to look at the streets below, “It’s pathetic what one man can cuase others to do. How much his reputation can cause them to live in constant fear. Hell we don’t say his name.” He quiets.
“When do we start?”
“Tomorrow”
“Well, I guess I'll see you then. Gather all the staff. We have a lot of work to do.”
“I undestand. It was nice seeing you, Sophia.”
“You too, Arthur" And with that final word, both wizard part their separate ways and disappear into the misty night air.
Attachments
Heart and Soul.jpg
Heart and Soul.jpg (4.57 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Last edited by WebzTycoon on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 pm
View Likes
livurdestiny says...

It has some errors but it is very nice so yeah. But one thing about this is it is really going to get people to like you because it has feeling. I know you are probably what is this girl talking about. The truth is I am new here And I don't really know what to do. But my sister Lele253isme told me to start reviewing people. I never watch harry potter but nice name if that where you got it from. I am rambling and I don't know what to say so srry but that was a great piece you wrote keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) :))

209 Reviews

Reviews: 209
Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:46 pm
artemis15sc says...

I liked it. Your writing felt familar and captivating, I enjoyed it. I've always wondered how Harry Potter world would fit in the US, so this was pretty cool. I didn't absolutely love how you did it, but I did love it.
Your dialogue seamed very realistic and character-fitting, but I didn't get into your desciptions as much.
Overall though, it was very nice, nice creativity and twist on the story!
Check out my newly published YA fantasy novel here!

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/SaraETall

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 pm
WebzTycoon says...

Well, this wasn't the whole story, if that changes anything. This was more like a prologue. The real main characters live in an orphanage on the border of Canada and Wisconsin. If you didn't like the names of the school, honestly I can agree with you. I didn't like them as much either. Also, the prologue is set in Chicago, but that's it. Anyway, thank you for the review. I really need constructive critism. I'm only a novice and have a long was to go. If you don't mind me asking, what were the things you didn't like about the story, other then the descriptions? I just want to know so I can improve my story and writing. Thanks!

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina