z

Young Writers Society

The Magical Diary of L.L.P--part 7

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:56 pm
Mikko says...

Spoiler! :
Ok people. Well this is part 7 (well obviously since that's what it says up there ^ pff Mikko you need help)! There are only two entries because the third one is being a little rebellious and doesn't want to cooperate; meaning I'm having a little trouble editing it and finishing it off properly. But just enjoy these ones! :)

Dear Moon,

Mum took me to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes today and let me buy one of those Small ’n’ Smart Shrieking Shacks that have Every-flavour beans inside but you have to solve the riddle that the Shack’s chimney gives off. It’s always a different riddle and with a different difficulty level. I bought it with my own money that Dad had given me when I had written him a poem for Father’s Day because he said I'd written it so well!

Hugo and I spent most of the day trying to solve riddles and gulp down as many beans as we could. I managed to get a vanilla ice-cream flavoured one and Hugo, unluckily, got a mud flavoured one! Then I followed him for his check-up and we FINALLY got to ask some questions to his doctor.

“Doctor, so you said you had a sister?” I asked first.
Yes. Why?” She asked with her eye-brows pinched in together in a sort of confused way.
“I was wondering, do you also have a brother?”
“Why yes, I do. He’s at Hogwarts right now, in his sixth year.” She didn’t look at me, she was busy reading some of Hugo’s brain check results that were floating in the air in front of her.

“What’s his name?” I asked quickly, with my hands behind my back, with a sweet smile on my face so that she wouldn’t get annoyed with me.
“A little curious aren’t you, young lady?”
“You can say that.” I said grinning, sweetly, of course.
“His name is...” She was still concentrating on the results, and kept speaking slower and slower. “Harris. He’s in sixth year, in Gryffindor like I was and a prefect too!" Then she started speeding up as she was finishing off with the results.
"I am Dr. Granger and I work here, at St. Mungo’s in the Janus Thickey department. I have a sister who is about nineteen years older than me but I don’t know her so well. All I know is that her name is Hermione though I must admit that I haven’t really tried to find her or any information about her. Does that answer all your questions, young lady?”

I was actually shocked when she answered all my questions in one go so I just sat there, looking a little dumbstruck with nothing to say.
“Uh huh,” I replied and she smiled, looking proud of herself.
I absolutely had to tell Aunt Hermione, I was so excited but Hugo and I have promised to wait for the right moment. But I’m so excited!

After the hospital, I had to get my hair done.

The hairdresser who took care of me was very happy to see Mum. She said she’s a huge quidditch fan and always reads Mum’s articles and even asked for an autograph! She wiped her hands on her black apron and let the newspaper hover in the space in front of Mum. I’m used to Dad getting stopped for autographs but for Mum to be stopped was really, really rare!

I was a bit afraid of that hairdresser because she would let the scissors and comb to work on their own while she left to attend another lady. They kept chatting, and chatting, and chatting!

But in the end it looked very pretty! I’ve cut it a little less than shoulder length and it curls inwards slightly. It’s very, very nice and I can’t wait to hear what Hugo’s going to say when he sees me with my new hair cut. Dad says I look beautiful, just like my mum, and that I’m his big girl with all these changes happening. There is one change he says he’ll keep secret and tell me very soon but I’m desperate to know! I hate not knowing things because I feel so left out. I don’t know, but what if everyone is aware of something that I’m not aware of? It can’t be a surprise birthday party- my birthday is all the way in March!

After Dad told me that he wouldn’t tell me what the secret was until the right moment comes, I felt a little grumpy. Especially when I wanted to tell them something important. I wanted to tell them about Dr. Granger, but they just won’t listen to me so I decided to come upstairs to write about my day so that I’ll feel better.
It worked but only until about a minute ago.

It’s almost bedtime. Got to get ready for bed.

Goodnight!

L.L.Potter
18/10/2017

Dear Moon,

You will never guess what Hugo and I managed to do today!

We’ve finally managed to...no wait, I’ll write down everything that happened in the exact way it happened!

Today, after school, I went with Hugo to the hospital as usual but this time with his mum. Not that it was the first time she went, no, but it was the first time she went when we were sure that she is Dr. Granger’s sister!
Hugo and I had a plan and we were ready to get it into action!

“Doctor,” Hugo started as the lady had her wand pointed at his head like she always had when he went for his check-ups. “What did you say your sister’s name was?”
“Hold on, lovely. Let’s finish this and you’ll ask your questions.”

It didn’t take long and by the time she put her wand away and watched as new results appeared in front of her in the air, Aunt Hermione was walking back towards us with her arms folded.
“Hermione.” Dr. Granger answered Hugo after a few minutes of silence.
“Yes?” Aunt Hermione said, lifting up her head. She looked shocked. Or confused. Maybe both.
“No, excuse me, Mrs. Weasley. I was actually telling these kids about my elder sister. They’ve been asking me about her for weeks!” She smiled at us and she let the results vanish into Hugo’s file, where, I understand, they kept his records or something.

“Oh, really? I hope they’re not bothering you. I just thought I heard you say ‘Hermione’.”
“Yes, that’s her name. Why?”
“Doctor...Granger? Am I correct?” And the doctor nodded.
“At least that’s what it says on my badge. I just hope my parent did not have that obliviated from their minds too.” She smiled. I could see that Hugo and I didn’t have to say anything because Aunt Hermione was already catching on.
“Your parents were obliviated? When? How?”
“Before I was born. That’s about nineteen years ago. May I know why, Mrs. Weasley?”
“Because...that means that the woman you’re talking about, that ‘Hermione’ you were referring to is...me.”

It was fantastic and super-mega-extra exciting to watch what was going on! It was just like on T.V! I was so happy when they hugged and cried because it was just like being away from your sibling for a looooong time and then meeting them for the first time again. It was really beautiful and Hugo and I were so proud of what we had done that we too hugged each other.

The two ‘new’ sisters had a long discussion in Dr. Granger’s office while Hugo and I were eager to know what they were saying. Of course because of magic, we were not allowed to follow them to the office so we had to wait patiently and guess what they were saying.

In the end, Aunt Henrietta followed us to The Burrow. Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Ron were all there waiting for Aunt Hermione because she had told them that she had something special to announce.

“As you all know, just before the Great Battle started, I had to protect my parents from the Death Eaters and away from magic as a whole. Therefore, before I left, I had no choice but to perform a memory charm on them to wipe out my existence from their minds.” I watched as they nodded their heads but had expressions showing that they were confused as to why she was telling us this.

“Well,” She continued, wiping away tears that had started rolling down her cheeks, “today I found out that my parents had other children after me. I’d like to present you someone you may already know: Dr. Henrietta Granger...my little sister.”

As she said this, Aunt Henrietta walked into the room, also with tears on her cheeks but she was smiling. Grandma and Mum gasped in surprise at the sight of Aunt Hermione with her little sister standing beside her.

It was a really emotional moment and it made me remember my brothers who I missed ever so much! I wish they had been there to meet their new aunt...then again, they had already met their new uncle (Harris).

Everyone welcomed her into the family and kept saying how they hadn’t seen their similarity earlier- after all those visits to Hugo in hospital, they never noticed that they had the same long, brown hair and wide, brown eyes and that same surname. Sometimes I wonder why adults don’t think a little! It was so obvious and it shows how much adults don’t care about many things.

Oh! I hope they don’t ever find out I said that, it sounds terrible but I didn’t mean it in that way, I just mean that if was right there, in front of them and they never took a few moments to realise...

Hugo suggested that it’s probably because they always have a lot of things on their minds and I agreed- it was true. In fact, after the little celebration, Dad had an announcement to make.
It was his big secret that he had said he’d keep for a while. Everyone else (apart from Aunt Henrietta and I) seemed to know what it was because they smiled excitedly and said “Finally!”
I knew they all knew something I didn’t!

“So, since Hermione gave us this great news, I thought I’d steal the stage for a while and announce something too. You all know...well most of you know that Ginny and I have been planning on moving. And, well now, all is done: we’ve cleaned everything out and anyway, there wasn’t much to do since Mum did all that back in ’95,” Moving?? Where to??? I was really shocked when Dad said that and I thought about our house. I love this house and I thought I’d live in it forever!
“We’ll be moving into Grimmauld Place on Saturday. It’s the best place for us because of space, it’s closer to Lily’s school and it’s been left for years now, we thought it was such a waste to abandon it.”

“What about the portrait? I thought it was a permanent resident?” Grandpa asked. But why did everyone know about this ‘Grim Old Place’? And then I remembered that that was the place Dad had gone to with Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione back on the day we had dropped the others at King’s Cross. How long have they been planning this? Why didn’t anyone tell me?

“Well yes. But we’ve finally managed to get her down, Dad!” Uncle Ron said, happily.
“How?” Grandpa asked, looking amazed.

Then I don’t remember how the rest of the conversation went because I was feeling sad. I felt like crying because no one had told me anything or asked me how I felt about moving. What about my bedroom and everything in here? What about James and Albus? They’ll come back from Hogwarts and they won’t find anyone here. I kept (and I’m still) asking myself lots of questions. Why? And anyway, what does this ‘Grim Old Place’ look like? What if I don’t like it there? And and where is it?

Alright, Mum’s calling me down for dinner. I don’t even know if I want to eat, but I’ll still go down.

L.L.Potter
22/10/2017
Last edited by Mikko on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:46 pm
LadySpark says...

OH MARCO!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 pm
goofysmurf1 says...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Does a new year start at all
go to page.php?id=1242 now please and subcribe

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 pm
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

Oh my goodness. This is like the best Harry Potter Fan Fiction I've ever hear of. It's A-FREAKIN-MAZING.

That is all. :3

~MNC
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

1488 Reviews

Reviews: 1488
Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:05 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Okay, I'm in a nitpicky mood so may just quote the whole thing here :)

Mikko wrote:Dear Moon,

Mum took me to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes today and let me buy one of those Small ’n’ Smart Shrieking Shacks that have Every-flavour beans inside but you have to solve the riddle that the Shack’s chimney gives off and it’s always a different riddle and with different difficulty levels. Woah! Long sentence here to begin with - see if you can split it into two separate ones. I bought it with my own money that Dad had given me when I had written him a poem for Father’s Day: 6 Galleons! Why would he give her money for something she gave him as a present for father's day?

Hugo and I spent most of the day trying to solve riddles and gulp down as many beans as we could. I managed to get a vanilla ice-cream flavoured one and Hugo, unluckily, got a mud flavoured one! Then I followed him for his check-up and we FINALLY got to ask some questions to his doctor. This becomes a little list like, see if you can add more detail in between.

“Doctor, so you said you had a sister?” I asked first.
Yes. Why?” She asked with her eye-brows pinched in together. I highlighted this because I don't really understand the description/[b][/b]
“I was wondering, do you also have a brother?”
“Why yes, I do. He’s at Hogwarts right now, in his sixth year.” She didn’t look at me, she was busy reading some of Hugo’s brain check results that were floating in the air in front of her.

“What’s his name?” I asked quickly, with my hands behind my back, with a sweet smile on my face so that she wouldn’t get annoyed with me.
“A little curious aren’t you, young lady?”
“You can say thatcomma” I said grinning, sweetly, of course.
“His name is...” She was still concentrating on the results, and kept speaking slower and slower. “Harris. He’s in sixth year, in Gryffindor like I was and a prefect too! I am Dr. Granger and I work here, at St. Mungo’s in the Janus Thickey department. I have a sister who is about nineteen years older than me but I don’t know her so well. All I know is that her name is Hermione though I must admit that I haven’t really tried to find her or any information about her. Does that answer all your questions, young lady?” If she was speaking quickly it might be an idea to tell the reader that she suddenly sped up at this point.

I was actually shocked when she answered all my questions in one go so I just sat there, looking a little dumbstruck with nothing to say.
“Uh huhcomma” I replied and she smiled, looking proud of herself.
I absolutely had to tell Aunt Hermione, I was so excited but Hugo and I have promised to wait for the right moment. But I’m so excited!

After the hospital, I had to get my hair done.

The hairdresser who took care of me was very happy to see Mum. She said she’s a huge quidditch fan and always reads Mum’s articles and even asked for an autograph! She wiped her hands on her black apron and let the newspaper hover in the space in front of Mum. I’m used to Dad getting stopped for autographs but for Mum to be stopped was really, really rare!

I was a bit afraid of that hairdresser because she would let the scissors and comb to work on their own while she left to attend another lady. They kept chatting, and chatting, and chatting!

But in the end it looked very pretty! I’ve cut it a little less than shoulder length and it curls inwards slightly. It’s very, very nice and I can’t wait to hear what Hugo’s going to say when he sees me with my new hair cut. Dad says I look beautiful, just like my mum, and that I’m his big girl with all these changes happening. There is one change he says he’ll keep secret and tell me very soon but I’m desperate to know! I hate not knowing things because I feel so left out. I don’t know, but what if everyone is aware of something that I’m not aware of? It can’t be a surprise birthday party- my birthday is all the way in March!

After Dad told me that he wouldn’t tell me what the secret was until the right moment comes, I felt a little grumpy. Especially when I wanted to tell them something important. I wanted to tell them about Dr. Granger, but they just won’t listen to me so I decided to come upstairs to write about my day so that I’ll feel better.
It worked but only until about a minute ago. Watch your tenses :)

It’s almost bedtime. Got to get ready for bed.

Goodnight!

L.L.Potter
18/10/2017

Dear Moon,

You will never guess what Hugo and I managed to do today!

We’ve finally managed to...no wait, I’ll write down everything that happened in the exact way it happened!

Today, after school, I went with Hugo to the hospital as usual but this time with his mum. Not that it was the first time she went, no, but it was the first time she went when we were sure that she is Dr. Granger’s sister! Ooh! I'm intruiged!
Hugo and I had a plan and we were ready to get it into action!

“Doctor,” Hugo started as the lady had her wand pointed at his head like she always had when he went for his check-ups. “What did you say your sister’s name was?”
“Hold on, lovely. Let’s finish this and you’ll ask your questions.”

It didn’t take long and by the time she put her wand away and watched as new results appeared in front of her in the air, Aunt Hermione was walking back towards us with her arms folded.
“Hermione.” Dr. Granger answered Hugo after a few minutes of silence.
“Yes?” Aunt Hermione said, lifting up her head. She looked shocked. Or confused. Maybe both.
“No, excuse me, Mrs. Weasley. I was actually telling these kids about my elder sister. They’ve been asking me about her for weeks!” She smiled at us and she let the results vanish into Hugo’s file, where, I understand, they kept his records or something.

“Oh, really? I hope they’re not bothering you. I just thought I heard you say ‘Hermione’.”
“Yes, that’s her name. Why?”
“Doctor...Granger? Am I correct?” And the doctor nodded.
“At least that’s what it says on my badge. I just hope my parent did not have that obliviated from their minds too.” She smiled. I could see that Hugo and I didn’t have to say anything because Aunt Hermione was already catching on.
“Your parents were obliviated? When? How?”
“Before I was born. That’s about nineteen years ago. May I know why, Mrs. Weasley?”
“Because...that means that the woman you’re talking about, that ‘Hermione’ you were referring to is...me.” More explanation needed.

It was fantastic and super-mega-extra exciting to watch what was going on! It was just like on T.V! I was so happy when they hugged and cried because it was just like being away from your sibling for a looooong time and then meeting them for the first time again. It was really beautiful and Hugo and I were so proud of what we had done that we too hugged each other. Why is Hermionie so sure that this is her sister?

The two ‘new’ sisters had a long discussion in Dr. Granger’s office while Hugo and I were eager to know what they were saying. Of course because of magic, we were not allowed to follow them to the office so we had to wait patiently and guess what they were saying.

In the end, Aunt Henrietta followed us to The Burrow. Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Ron were all there waiting for Aunt Hermione because she had told them that she had something special to announce.

“As you all know, just before the Great Battle started, I had to protect my parents from the Death Eaters and away from magic as a whole. Therefore, before I left, I had no choice but to perform a memory charm on them to wipe out my existence from their minds.” I watched as they nodded their heads but had expressions showing that they were confused as to why she was telling us this.

“Well,” she continued, wiping away tears that had started rolling down her cheeks, “today I found out that my parents had other children after me. I’d like to present you someone you may already know: Dr. Henrietta Granger...my little sister.”

As she said this, Aunt Henrietta walked into the room, also with tears on her cheeks but she was smiling. Grandma and Mum gasped in surprise at the sight of Aunt Hermione with her little sister standing beside her.

It was a really emotional moment and it made me remember my brothers who I missed ever so much! I wish they had been there to meet their new aunt...then again, they had already met their new uncle (Harris).

Everyone welcomed her into the family and kept saying how they hadn’t seen their similarity earlier- after all those visits to Hugo in hospital, they never noticed that they had the same long, brown hair and wide, brown eyes and that same surname. Sometimes I wonder why adults don’t think a little! It was so obvious and it shows how much adults don’t care about many things.

Oh! I hope they don’t ever find out I said that, it sounds terrible but I didn’t mean it in that way, I just mean that if was right there, in front of them and they never took a few moments to realise...

Hugo suggested that it’s probably because they always have a lot of things on their minds and I agreed- it was true. In fact, after the little celebration, Dad had an announcement to make.
It was his big secret that he had said he’d keep for a while. Everyone else (apart from Aunt Henrietta and I) seemed to know what it was because they smiled excitedly and said “Finally!”
I knew they all knew something I didn’t!

“So, since Hermione gave us this great news, I thought I’d steal the stage for a while and announce something too. You all know...well most of you know that Ginny and I have been planning on moving. And, well now, all is done: we’ve cleaned everything out and anyway, there wasn’t much to do since Mum did all that back in ’95,” Moving?? Where to??? I was really shocked when Dad said that and I thought about our house. I love this house and I thought I’d live in it forever!
“We’ll be moving into Grimmauld Place on Saturday. It’s the best place for us because of space, it’s closer to Lily’s school and it’s been left for years now, we thought it was such a waste to abandon it.”

“What about the portrait? I thought it was a permanent resident?” Grandpa asked. But why did everyone know about this ‘Grim Old Place’? And then I remembered that that was the place Dad had gone to with Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione back on the day we had dropped the others at King’s Cross. How long have they been planning this? Why didn’t anyone tell me?

“Well yes. But we’ve finally managed to get her down, Dad!” Uncle Ron said, happily.
“How?” Grandpa asked, looking amazed.

Then I don’t remember how the rest of the conversation went because I was feeling sad. I felt like crying because no one had told me anything or asked me how I felt about moving. What about my bedroom and everything in here? What about James and Albus? They’ll come back from Hogwarts and they won’t find anyone here. I kept (and I’m still) asking myself lots of questions. Why? And anyway, what does this ‘Grim Old Place’ look like anyway? What if I don’t like it there? And and where is it?

Alright, Mum’s calling me down for dinner. I don’t even know if I want to eat, but I’ll still go down.

L.L.Potter
22/10/2017

Well done for the most part, just some tiny grammer issues involving speech there :) Keep typing!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 pm
View Likes
purpleandblue22 says...

Hello! Here I am! Didn't I say I would come? (Oh yes I did.) Annnnd the review:

Mikko wrote:Mum took me to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes today and let me buy one of those Small ’n’ Smart Shrieking Shacks that have Every-flavour beans inside but you have to solve the riddle that the Shack’s chimney gives off and it’s always a different riddle and with different difficulty levels

This sentence seems a bit too long. Try and break it up.

Mikko wrote:I bought it with my own money that Dad had given me when I had written him a poem for Father’s Day: 6 Galleons!

Maybe this is just a me issue, but the "6 Galleons" at the end seems a bit out of sink with the rest of the sentence.

AAAAAAHHHHH FINALLY! I have been yanking my hair out waiting for Lilly to talk to the doctor! Perfect suspence! Love it!

Mikko wrote:We’ve finally managed to...no wait, I’ll write down everything that happened in the exact way it happened!

Uggggh, this isn't a nitpic or anything, but I am a blunt person and this line just makes me want to scream "TELL ME ALREADY!" It's a good suspence, but I just want to skip to the end and read the big news.

THERE WE GO! Sorry, I'm writing this review as I am reading it (I forget things otherwise) and now I am completely excited! Big hugs and a family reunion! I love it!

Now that the big supprises are out of the way, I'm curious to see how you will handle what comes next. Watch out for the 'too happy' storyline. At some points it seems like there is a lack of conflict and it's all 'happy happy lets go dance in the flowers'. It hasn't been too bad so far, but please watch out for that.

Any way, that's all I have to say. PLEASE KEEP WRITING!!!!

--Bee--
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."Ralph Waldo Emerson

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)