z

Young Writers Society

Together Again: Chapter 2

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 am
AwesomeSocks says...

Edward’s white, beautiful face stared at me from where he clung to the window sill.

I thought about screaming. I thought about running. I thought about opening the window and letting him in. A million thoughts raced around in my head as I stood there, frozen, my eyes opened wide.

Then, I felt the floor tip at an odd angle, and spots swam in front of my eyes. Just before I slipped into unconsciousness, I saw Edward open the window. Then, everything was black.

I woke up. I didn’t open my eyes, but I was conscious.

Weird. What a strange dream I had last night. It couldn’t possibly have been more than a dream, because of course Edward wouldn’t be back here. Why would he be? Unless maybe he had changed his mind… No. I forcefully pushed that thought from my mind. No need to get my hopes up.

What if he had come to kill me? What if, since he didn’t love me anymore, he had decided that my blood was just too good to waste, and he just had to have it? Not that I didn’t mind dying. What did I have to live for anymore anyway? But what about Charlie? What would this do to him? It would kill him to lose his only family, his daughter. Sure he had a lot of friends, and he had been just fine before I got here, but now, when we had lived together for more than a year now?

I felt something cold and hard touch my forehead. My eyes flew open. When I saw Edward’s beautiful face, I almost passed out again.

When I regained my composure, I jerked away from him, and nearly falling off the bed in the process, but he caught me.

I resisted the urge to scream.

Instead I hissed, “What are you doing here?!”

He looked taken aback for a second, probably because of my tone, but he quickly composed his features.
“I came to take you back, and to apologize. I just couldn’t stay away from you for too long.”

I gaped at him. What was he talking about? He tells me he doesn’t love me, leaves, and then there I am, lost in the middle of the forest! And now, after all he’s hurt me, he comes waltzing back into my life. Who does he think he is?!

He watched my face as my expression turned from shock, to hurt, and finally to outrage.

“What do you mean, take me back?! You told me you didn’t love me, and left me in the middle of the god forsaken woods! Now get out of here, and DON’T COME BACK!!!!!”

His eyes widened slightly from my little outburst, but he didn’t look too surprised.

“Ok. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”

Before I could react or absorb anything at all he had set me back on the bed, gone back over to the window, and jumped out it.

What did he mean, ‘see you tomorrow at school’ ?

I was outraged, but only on the surface. Inside, I was hurt, and strangely, pleased. I shouldn’t be. I should want nothing to do with him. I should leave.

No. I was here first. Well, not really, but he left. He should leave again.

Wait, does this mean they’re all back? Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Jasper, Rosalie, and Alice?

My best friend, Alice? Well, ex-best friend. Or does she still love me? Did she want to stay, or leave? Well, if they are here, I’ll soon find out.
transmissions from space

I do not use my siblings as the cleaning equipment.
— Tuckster