z

Young Writers Society

Ellora/ Chapter 2

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:01 am
21WhiteRoses says...

When I opened my eyes again, perhaps an hour later, I was in a soft bed. The moon glimmered brightly through the windows. Risk was sitting at the side of my bed as if he had been waiting there for a long time.
“It's about time you woke up.” he said with a smile. “Come.” he rose up and walked out the door and I followed him obediently.
“What happened to me?” I asked when I remembered drinking from the glass. He looked over his shoulder at me and winked.
“Don't worry, blacking out is perfectly normal.” He didn't really answer my question but I decided not to inquire any further. He took me back to the throne room where Ithicus was waiting.
“Ah, Ellora, I'm glad you're awake again.” He walked over to me and grinned as he took my hand and touched his lips to the inside of my wrist. His lip piercings felt icy on my skin and I shivered slightly. His lips lingered for a moment and I began to pull away. Suddenly pain shot through me as he sank his teeth down into my flesh. I gasped and fell to my knees in pain. Ithicus kept a firm grip on my arm. His cold luminous eyes stared back into mine as he drank in my warmth, my blood. I watched as my own blood dripped from his lips onto the smooth floor. My bottom lip trembled as Risk then bit into my neck from behind. My vision began to blur and my ears rang. Suddenly I lost control of myself. A fierce hunger encompassed me. I turned on Risk and bit into his shoulder. I drank his blood like a savage animal. Risk's laughing filled my ears and Ithicus grinned with delight. Ithicus then pulled me away from him. I felt like I was going to pass out again, but I managed to stay conscious. What was going on? Why did I do that? Why did they do that? Nothing made sense. My arms and legs shook so violently I feared I'd explode. My heart pounded like an automatic pistol as I watched the blood spill from Risk's shoulder and again, I finally fainted. I soon fell into a sleep much too deep even for dreams.
Last edited by 21WhiteRoses on Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But death and darkness in that instant closed the eyes of Argos, who had seen his master, Odysseus, after twenty years...."

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am
sandayselkie says...

creepy. This is really good. It leaves you with an idea of what might be happening but does nothing to clarify.
"Live in the present, remember the past and fear not the future, for it doesn't exist and never shall. There is only now."
Saphira

"That's the spirit. One part courage. Three parts fool"
Brom

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:54 am
TheClosetKidnapper says...

I agree with Sandayselkie, this is really good. I like how readers are given a glimpse into what this really is without coming out and saying so. You also have done an amazing job with making Risk the seductive and mysterious. Can't wait to read the next chapter! :D
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe