z

Young Writers Society

Chapter 1 of Regicide

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:46 am
Crysi says...

That's so cool!

I think I'm related to some random ancient king in Denmark.. *shrugs* I don't find it very interesting, myself, until I'm related to someone either famous or royalty lol. My mother has hundreds of pages on our family, and she loves tracing our roots. Of course, that involves telling me the same story 10 times of how my great-grandfather was killed by a bear.. :roll:

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:51 am
Perra says...

C Elocin wrote:Yeah, I've got the game. I love it. Age of Empires II. I think we used to have the first, but I'm not sure. gosh, I haven't played it in a while. I loooved building up a civilization and then destroying my numerous enemies and making $$$ by trading :twisted: :twisted: .
Err, back to the topic, I edited the chapter. See what you think. (I edited the first post.)

Yes! Making all that money and such is fun! :twisted: :twisted: :xmas_cool: :xmas_wink: Although it's annoying when I get WAY more food than I need, and not much stone. :xmas_evil: I haven't played the game in a while, either. I enjoy making scenarios, though. I've done one for my story, one for LotR(Helm's Deep), and one or two for Chronicles of Narnia!

I read it, and it's better! Nice job on describing the wound, made me shiver a little. And that stuff about the hay as a bed on the spilt wine. Says how unclean that place is(alond with the dung). I'd hate to be stuck in there, especially with those bodies...
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:53 am
Elocina says...

I doubt I'm related to any royalty, but my anscestors were the Vikings. And Nazis. And there's been new addition of 'Soviets' to the family.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

87 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:56 am
Perra says...

What rocks the most is that, before I knew I was related to any royalty except a Swiss Baron of Austria, Queen Elizabeth was my favorite royal person to learn about! Now, come to find out, I'm her cousin!! :mrgreen:

On my dad's side, one of my something-great grandfathers or uncles and two great-something uncles were at the battle of Gettysburg(forgive spelling). They were in Picket's Charge, and one of them picked up the flag and carried it all the way to the place they had to captured. And my grandfather says that when he was shot and dropped that flag was the turning point of the Civil War.
Also, my family on my dad's side owned some of the tea tossed overboard in the Boston Tea Party. :mrgreen:

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:27 am
Elocina says...

Thanks. I had to scratch my head a bit on how to include some things without 'telling' it. I'm still playing with a couple ideas for chapter 2.

87 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:32 am
Perra says...

C Elocin wrote:I doubt I'm related to any royalty, but my anscestors were the Vikings. And Nazis. And there's been new addition of 'Soviets' to the family.

I've got French, Canadian Indian, French Canadian, English, Welch, Scotch-Irish, Swiss, German, and untracable possible African. Maybe others...

Yeah, I don't always show instead of tell because of how much it takes up and slows the story and how you have to think really hard to do it.

Need a Critique?

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:58 am
Elocina says...

I'm torn between two possible plots for ch 2...no, not anymore. I'll write this here so I don't forget. Owen is about to be killed, and then some guy appears and helps him get away. That guy is the one Stock was talking to in the beigining. He's a wizard.

87 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:09 am
Perra says...

Oh! A wizard! I thought he was a shadey mercenary or something! :mrgreen:

Need a Critique?

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:17 am
Elocina says...

LOL. Elyas? Naw, he just knows what's right. Though he is a bit of a rogue.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:32 am
Crysi says...

What is with mercenaries?? Lol! Are we all obsessed? :P

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:32 am
Elocina says...

I have to wonder. Only, Owen is just looking to save his skin.

87 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:53 pm
Perra says...

Heh. I don't have any mercenaries in my story! :P I do have a kind of shadey embassador/spy!

Need a Critique?

64 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:15 pm
Elocina says...

I don't think I've got any mercenaries in this story. It's good vs evil. I'll work on Ch2 tonight, maybe.

87 Reviews

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:29 pm
Perra says...

I need to work on my story during the holidays.
Don't you just hate it when your characters are having a conversation and suddenly someone says some thing and you don't know how to follow it to get to the next bit? :evil:

Need a Critique?

64 Reviews

Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:13 am
Elocina says...

Actually, my problem comes with insults. I don't want to cuss, but that seems to be the only way to make it sting. :?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison