Young Writers Society

Moonlight (Chapter 5)

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:56 pm
irsyad23 says...

Chapter 5

Malvera Town, 1890

Rufus didn’t know if he had to shoot or not. He heard footsteps. He lowered his gun, pointing it to the ground.

“It’s time to die!” suddenly the Hunter said, pointing his gun, The Revolver to the witch, “I’ll never give a chance to a witch, even an old one!”

The loud bang heard in the forest, making owls flew away. Rufus stood in silence. In the other way, he felt pity to the witch, reminding his own mother.

The old witch, with her eyes wide open, fell on her knees. Blood from her wounded chest spread to her cloth, making it more visible, reassuring them that she’d been shot.

“We need to burn her up before she reincarnate.” The Hunter commanded, kneeling down, taking two stones to make sparks.

“Don’t be too cruel! Isn’t she’d already dead?” Rufus pleaded. His choice was a bit different from Hunter.

“You don’t know how dangerous this witch is! Now hold your tongue and step aside!” he explained solemnly.

It was all happening so fast. First, they smell something, fragrance.

“It’s Lavender. Where does it come from?” Rufus small heart thought as he looked right and left.

In a split second, there was a mighty force, pushing them, forcing them to leave their stationary position. The trees in the forest fell down, as the force was overwhelming the area. The ground cracked around the witch body, who was still lay motionless on the ground.

“It’s her ally!” The hunter guessed, taking aim of the supposedly death witch. Hunter lunged forward; trying to get to the witch to burn her, before another comes.

“What are you doing?” Rufus asked blankly. The gush was still so strong that Rufus could hardly open his eyes to see what was happening. In the ruckus, another figure appeared, probably her ally.

“Shoot them with the Lune!” the Hunter shouted at Rufus.

“Lune?” Rufus perplexed. At first he thought he misheard because of the noise, from the witch spell. But it didn’t take long for him to realize the gun he was holding had a tiny crescent-shaped symbol embossed in silver on the side of the grip, between the glowing golden stripes.

Rufus's shaking hand held tightly on the gun, by any chance, he would be able to shoot accurately, which he didn’t intend to.

The other witch was faster than the old one. Rufus could only see her slim-body, young, with red-wavy hair. She dashed with amazing ease and lift up the other witch’s body. Rufus fired the gun towards their direction, but even if the witch didn’t move, the bullet was still gone astray. The witch stared at him directly in his eyes.

Stay away!

Rufus heard her thought in the boisterousness. He was taken aback to see her face. She was beautiful, having the same feature as the old one, green eyes and full-rosy lips. Still, he could scent lavender. Was that some kind of spell too?

Maybe it was an illusion. Many thought came across his mind, yet it couldn’t be figured out at that precise moment.

Anima mea volabit, et corpus meum abscondam.

The young witch murmured the spell fast. They dematerialized in front of them, vanish through the thin air. The Hunter, who was just arrived near the witches, astounded.

“No!” he regretted, fisting the bare ground.

“Where are them?” Rufus said, running towards Hunter hurriedly.

“They’re gone! Now I have to find them again.” The Hunter proclaimed.

“Where’re you goin’,” Rufus asked.

“Give me back the Lune and go back wherever you want!” the Hunter said, ignoring Rufus’s blankness.

The spell was over and everything became calmer. There was a huge mark, cracked ground and stumbled trees, showing how deadly the spell was.

Rufus handed Lune back to the Hunter.

“This weapon’s awesome!” Rufus confessed.

Rufus thought he was going to take it and leave but he was wrong. Instead, the Hunter was taken aback to see Rufus’s hand.

“Do you have that mark earlier?” the Hunter said, taking Rufus’s hand, scrutinizing it. There was a, kind of a birthmark shaped like crescent moon.

“What?” Rufus puzzled, putting a closer look to his hand, “Hey, I have never noticed this one before!"

There was a long silence, only the Hunter’s heavy breath heard, trying to recover. He looked at Rufus in anxious, staring deeply into his eyes.

“Who are you?” the Hunter murmured.

“I am Rufus Wyatt. From Malvera Town.” He introduced himself.

The Hunter looked at him in disbelieve.

“You have the same feature as him. Do you know Marcus Wyatt?" the Hunter asked curiously.

“I think that's my father's name.” He replied.

“Wh... What? I found you. No, you found me!” the Hunter said. It was the first time Rufus saw his smile, drawn perfectly on his face. Rufus couldn’t help smiling back in the hardly could be understand situation.

“You know your father?” the Hunter asked.

“Of course I do. But my mother said he died three days after I was born,” Rufus explained, “Why? I mean, who is he, by the way?”

“The great Hunter all the time!” the Hunter was happy to inform Rufus that, “By the way, I’m Will. Will Cenweard.”

“What’s a hunter?” Rufus asked in return. There were so many things he couldn’t understand by the time.

“Follow me. I have so much to tell you, new heir.” Will said.

Rufus looked uninterested.

“I have other things to do.” Rufus said, turning his back on Will, “I have to find my elder brother, Tom.”

“I know Tom,” Will stated, “I can help you, if you need me to.”

Rufus turned back, meeting Will’s eyes. Will already knew he agreed.

Last edited by irsyad23 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't fly, then run. If you can't run, then walk. If you can't walk then crawl. No matter how hard it is, just keep moving forward.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:21 pm
brittistenten says...

Hey really good story its just you need to watch your grammar. Like when you said "already die?" it needs to be already dead. Also this is just a question but to kill a witch don't you have to rip off her head and burn her body or something like that to make it so she doesn't come back to life. Im not really sure about that kind of stuff, but in all good story don't stop writing! :)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 am
Shadowwriter1 says...

The story is well written, interesting, has suspense and great characters. What more could a reader want. You are a clever writer and have a natural ability when it comes to creating stories from the simplerand more advanced words.
I like the fight scenes and the Lune. The witch was a clever creation of something the many people had once feared.
Imust admit though, you grammer may need a bit of work, but most peoples do.
Great work and keep going with the story it is really good.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana