z

Young Writers Society

Chapter Ten: NaNo

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:03 pm
Soulkana says...

Chapter 10

The group turns around to spot Lord Redmoon leaning up against one of the many trees, eyes glowing with a predatory hunger. He moves closer, saying, "At first, I didn't know what you were. Your power astounded me. It also frightened me. But now I know for a fact just what you are, little girl."

Yuuki backs away, chest heaving as panic begins to override every rational thought. The cold eyes pierce her very soul as memories slowly sing their unforgiving fangs deep inside her, forcing her to watch as Takeshi shields her from Aysian.

"You are, " He begins to say as she shrinks back. His eyes brighten with amusement as her thoughts penetrate his mind.

Her eyes watching his every movement, looking like a caged bird as she mentally screams, "No! Stop! Don't say it, don't tell them!'

"You are the only child to be born of Summoner, Necromancer, and Yami blood. Your blood is one of a kind, my dear Sya." He smirks as her face turns a deathly pale as she sinks to her knees.

"How dare you say she drank the blood of others!" Evelyn shouts, indignantly. She lunges at the older man, teeth bared in her rage.

Catching Evelyn by the arm he lifts her effortlessly in the air, sneering, "But she did. Look at her face, you cannot deny the truth in her eyes." He watches as Yuuki struggles to fight off the fear to defend herself.

Evelyn glares angrily at the man just when Miko calmly inquires, "So why don't you tell them what lead to that, Lord Aysian? After all, you did beat her to the inch of her life and other despicable things."

The frosty tone pulls Yuuki free as she gasps out, sobs choking back her words, "I only did it because you weakened me to the point it had been the only way to live. I knew if I didn't the world would've fallen to chaos."

Aryiana stares in shock before Rayan moves to lunge at the cruel man who dared to hurt their friend. Grabbing the back of his cloak, Aticulis holds him back, ordering, "Do not get involved. This fight is between them."

"But-" Rayan begins to protest when Yuuki all but cries out, 'Don't...don't let him touch me...not again." Tears flow down her face with no realization from the small teen making them. "Please." She adds on, choking on tears as she stares with watery, desperate eyes at her father.

Takeshi looks at both his daughters, knowing at once that whatever caused his eldest to even resort to such a sin had to have been great. Turning back to Asyian, he vanishes, shouting, "How dare you harm, my daughter!"

Reappearing right behind him, Takeshi unsheathes the sword upon his back. With efficient motions of his wrist, he lands a perilous blow, hissing, "I will kill all those who have brought such pain to my children."

Pulling out the sword, Asyian sneers, "It doesn't matter, sooner or later the girl's soul will be mine. I will have the power to fulfill my plan!" With that he vanishes into mist as Yuuki slips unconscious, memories flooding her mind like water.

"You promised! You said if I was good, you wouldn't do this!" Five year old Yuuki shouts in terror as her grandfather leans against the wall, pressing her tightly to his chest. Her feeble fists and feet striking almost harmless blows as he grips her chest, nails digging deep before moving quickly to the side, sending ruby blood splatter the two along with the floor and wall.

A scream rips through her throat as she stares with horror as her grandfather simply rips a wound upon his wrist, eyes glowing as her own changes to a burning silver as she struggles to fight off the hunger, the hunger fueled by the desire to have his soul.

Whimpers escape her mouth as she stops struggling to place her lips against the wound, tears falling as she gave in to the gnawing hunger. To absorbed in the taste she did not notice the grandfather's other hand creeping inch by inch up her small thigh, lust gleaming like a flame in his cold eyes.

"Yuuki! Yuuki, come on darling wake up. He can't do anything to you now!" Takeshi pleads, stroking her hair as she begs for Asyian to stop touching her, that it was hurting her.

Tears fill his eyes while Takeshi listens with a broken heart to the desperate pleas of the small teen laying across his lap. Knowing that the memories would most likely end on their own, he carefully stands, cradling her carefully as she opens her eyes, gazing at him in fear.

"Daddy, you won't let him hurt me right?" Yuuki whimpers, clutching hold of him as if letting him go would send her falling back into the terrifying memories.

"I will do anything in my power to keep that vile man from you, my darling child." Takeshi croons soothingly as he walks on, Evelyn right beside him with eyes of someone who knew exactly what his daughter had endured.

"Evelyn?" Yuuki whispers shakily, hands blindly reaching out for the other teen. Almost panicking after a few seconds, Yuuki nearly shouts, "Evelyn!?"

Pulling out of her trance at Yuuki's frightened cry for her, Evelyn tentatively grips her hand, whispering in her ear, "Don't worry, Yuuki. I am right beside you."

Relaxing at the warm hand holding hers, Yuuki concedes, almost sadly, "The only way out of this darkness is by facing what we run from...do you think..." She trails off as they pass through a see through barrier.

"That we can get through this together?" Evelyn finishes for her with a tremulous smile.

Wearily rubbing her eyes, Yuuki nods, "Yeah...together."

Aticulis pulls out the crystal saying, "Everyone grab tight on either Takeshi or me. Do not let go. Is that understood?"

Several "Yes, sir!" rings out as each of the many children grip hold of the respective adults. With a light smile, Aticulis speaks to the stone, "Reya Academy, evol ym." In a blinding light the group vanish from Janena, untraceable by any of those who would try to find the secret school in which they were to be protected in.

As the light fades, the group step forward as the new arrivals peer at the school before them in astonishment. "Daddy, is this really Reya?" Miko and Yuuki inquire in unison as Takeshi carefully sets Yuuki on her feet to join the others.

"Yes. Welcome, new students to Reya Academy. Your new home." Takeshi introduces with a teasing smile as they continue to stare, enraptured by the beauty.
Last edited by Soulkana on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 am
Adriana says...

Soul, this is amazing!
I know I haven't been writing any review for your novel, but that's just because I feel I can't help...
Anyway, I found something in this chapter:
Soulkana wrote:You're blood is one of a kind

I think it is "Your blood is one of a kind", isn't it?

Keep writing, darling
<3
It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose
it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been
missing until it arrives.

"This is calm, and it's doctor!" (My DR. Reid -- Best line ever)

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:27 pm
Soulkana says...

Aaah as I read over I can find many mistakes haha ^^ And thank you darling! <3 Good luck and thanks for reviewing!
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:42 am
NightWriter says...

I haven't read any other chapters, but now I want to, trust me!
The depth of feeling was great and you pieced it all together so well!

I loved the story idea and the way the dialogue flowed.

Well done!

NightWriter x
raised by wolves // brought up on words.

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos