z

Young Writers Society

Atlantis Wonders Part 2

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:01 am
hudz96 says...

Meeting My rescuers

“Aliza……Aliza……Aliza Atla come down here please!” Miss Borst is an impatient woman but she is sweet most of the times.
“Coming Miss Borst” I glided down the stairs at double speed with my possessions In hand. I was trembling all over from my barely contained excitement and nervousness.
“Oh there you are Aliza dear” she met me at the bottom of the stairs and gathered me into an unexpected rather loving hug. Miss Borst isn’t the type of lady that is prone to showing outward affection and I sensed that she was just as shocked at her sudden reaction as much as me because she straightened up and turned around quickly so I wouldn’t be able to see her face. I already did she had tears streaming across her cheeks, my eyes filled with tears of its own and I whispered
“I will miss you terribly Miss Borst you have been like a mother to me when I had none and I appreciate everything you have done for me for all these years” Miss Borst still didn’t turn to face me but she did reply
“Then don’t go Aliza, from all the children in this orphanage you are the only one who likes me, everything will go horribly wrong once you have gone”
“oh Miss Borst” it seemed like the only thing I could say.
After a moment or two of silence Miss Borst turned to face me
“I’m sorry Aliza dear, I understand that you want a future, and a family, its just that I raised you as my own since you were a little girl………here I need to give you this” she handed me a bracelet with a charm the shape of a heart and engraved on it was written I love you Aliza and will forever. I looked up to say thank you but she had already gone.

Mixed and confusing feelings swirled around in my stomach, unsettling me. I walked slowly through the house touching everything and whispering farewell as I went by, till I came to the backyard. All the other children who stayed at the orphanage had vanished, no one was in sight not that I really cared but I needed to say goodbye out of courtesy. I roamed through the house once more trying to look for the rest of the kids but did not succeed so I gave up.

After about 1 hour of waiting I heard a car finally pull up outside I jumped up and pulled the door open
“Tut tut slowly my little sister don’t want to break their doors before leaving now do you?”
I looked outside but I couldn’t see anyone
“Alexei!!! stop pulling the poor girls legs you only just met her… come to think of it you haven’t met her at all!!” a girl of about 18 years old walked up the broken and irregular surface of the pathetic excuse of a footpath, gradually making her way towards me
“hi there, I’m Alice and this is Alexei we are both here to pick you up” she pointed behind the door when she mentioned the guys name. I strained my neck and surely there he was, standing and grinning. He looked shockingly very much like me.
“Hi pleased to meet you” Alexei came out and leaned forward trapping my hands with his strong ones
“um, nice to meet you both aswe...”.
His grip tightened causing my nerves to calm down. I felt my mind sharpen, and the rest of the world go blurry then the oddest thing happened.I could feel what he was feeling… it was a mixture of excitement, sadness, and mostly the feeling of protectiveness. My mind reeled and I flinched backwards, pulling my arm back to cradle it near my chest. The connection snapped and the sound echoed in my mind. “what in the world was THAT!!”
Don’t let your victories go to your head, or your failures go to your heart.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 am
sunwater says...

hudz96 wrote:“Alexei!!! stop pulling the poor girls legs you only just met her… come to think of it you haven’t met her at all!!” a girl of about 18 years old walked up the broken and irregular surface of the pathetic excuse of a footpath, gradually making her way towards me

Well i think in this part you should have said a little about this girl because I have a feeling we are going to loss her and she sounds like she is going to be a key person in the story.The other person Alexei I think too i would like to know more about him in this part as well.

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope