z

Young Writers Society

(Unnamed) chapter four part 1

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:41 pm
Stealth_Slicer says...

Split in half as requested

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The Lizarian defences are being strained and now Soraka and Adam help a race recover research hoping they will assist in the defence of Lizaria
__________________________________________________________________________________________

----------------------------------
Lizarian AEF commander Soraka
Thursday 12.08.3472
10:15
Lizar system, Lizaria,
Princess’ private quarters

----------------------------------

Soraka, Sheatha, and four other high-ranking Lizarians were in the princess’ private quarters, discussing what to do next.

The room was huge. A large circular bed took up most of the room; it was situated against the back wall directly opposite the door. The bed was covered in dark purple silk sheets. The far end was covered with eight huge light pink cushions. The Princess was sitting up against the cushions, her purple duvet was pulled up to her collarbone, but she kept her arms on top of the duvet. To the left of the room was a huge walk in wardrobe and to the right was a door leading to the princess’ bathroom and dressing area. Soraka didn’t pay much attention to anything but the Princess.

“Princess our situation is grim. Seven systems have been lost in less than four days, an assassin tried to eliminate you, the Humans have resorted to using nuclear weapons and the Drakeo refuse to become involved. Princess we need a plan,” Sheatha said.

“We suggest an all out assault on the Vorog high commander. Eliminating him might buy us enough time to…” Soraka began but trailed off.

“To do what Soraka?” The Princess asked curiously.

“We were thinking perhaps it would buy us enough time to bring the Ancestor ship back online, and perhaps even get some of the Human nuclear weapons. Primitive compared to a lot of technology, but still very effective,” Soraka explained. The Princess sighed.

“I can’t let the citizens of Lizaria come to harm. We already know what the Vorog scum have done to any Lizarians they have captured. I am sorry but the amount of ships needed to attack the Vorog commander would put Lizaria at risk,” The Princess replied.

“Then what do you suggest we do?” A stout Lizarian asked.

“I…I don’t know,” She admitted, placing her head in a hand.

“Princess it is not your fault. We will think of something,” Sheatha said. Everyone turned and left, leaving The Princess alone.

I was in the same meeting room as before; I was waiting for the others to arrive. Soon after Soraka, a lizarian and a Drakeo walked in. The Lizarian sat at the top of the table with Soraka to his left. The Drakeo sat opposite me; he sat at the end of the other side of the table.

“Adam this is General Sheatha and Mal,” Soraka said, gesturing first to the Lizarian then to the Drakeo. The Lizarian was as tall, and well built like Soraka; he also had several dark scars on his chest.

Because of their similarities to ancient myths, Humans often referred to Drakeos as dragons. He was a dark sapphire blue. Two large horns sprouted form the back of his head, and a row of small spines ran from the top of his neck to the tip of his tail, right along his spine. His wings were as long as the distance from his shoulders to his knees, and were attached just under his shoulders. Drakeos’ hands consisted of three clawed fingers and a clawed thumb. Their feet had four toes; each had very long and undoubtedly dangerous claws. Mal had a long red scar running from above his left eye over his eyelid and ending just under his eye; also a tattoo ran from his right shoulder to his right elbow it read: S.C.A.R.

“Is she all right?” I asked, breaking the tense silence that had settled in the room.

“The Princess suffered three high powered gunshots to the back. In time she will be ok,” Sheatha explained. I nodded, and then looked at Mal.

“If I may ask why are you here?” I asked curiously. Mal shifted about uncomfortably in the chair, and ruffled his wings slightly.

“Mal is here for an unrelated matter, that he would prefer to discuss with you and Soraka alone,” Sheatha explained.

“I am going to discuss something with the Princess, I will be back soon,” Sheatha got up, and quickly walked out of the room.

“Now that we are alone I would like to ask you two something,” Mal said, his voice was not loud but it was fierce.

“Go ahead,” Soraka replied.

“Not long ago one of our research facilities cut all contact with us. We only have one agent spare. We need you to help us,” Mal explained, sitting back in his chair. “Adam your technical experience will be needed to extract much needed data, should the communications be down, and Soraka your military skill will be needed should anything happen,”

“What were they doing there?” I asked.

“Classified,” Mal snapped. “The agent you will be meeting is named Seeko,” Mal pointed a small remote at the screen, pressed a button. The screen flickered to life.

A young, female, ocean blue Drakeo was sitting at a table; cleaning a seven-inch throwing knife. The knife was almost flat with a highly pointed tip; also the grip was thinner than a normal knife. She was in a small grey tent with maps pinned up behind her. She had the same tattoo as Mal

“Adam, Soraka, this is agent Seeko,” Mal said, sounding almost proud.

“Hello to you too Mal,” Seeko said.

“Seeko, this is Adam, and Soraka, they are some of the ones who will accompany you,” Mal explained.

“So long as they can keep up. Maybe this time I might actually get a race to the objective,” Seeko said playfully.

“Don’t let her playfulness fool you. Seeko is an incredibly skilled fighter worthy of a lot of respect,” Mal explained.

“Your trying to flatter me again so I forget you owe me poker money aren’t you?” Seeko asked, smiling playfully. I must admit she didn’t seem threatening at all, and looked cute when she smiled.

“When do we leave?” I asked.

“ASAP,” Mal replied. Seeko tossed the knife in the air, just skimming the roof of the tent before letting it fall. There was a small clink sound when she caught it between her well-kept, white teeth. She then removed it and twiddled it about in her fingers.

“Tell you what why don’t we have a little race?” Seeko asked. “Whoever get to the facility first wins,”

“Your on,” Soraka said smiling.

“Good I’ll be waiting for you,” Seeko replied.

“Or we’ll wait for you,” I said. She smiled. I couldn’t help but think she would just be a total washout in a fight when she smiled or acted playfully.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:32 am
Apple says...

WOW! That is really good, I mean it's really stong structure well planned out characters and a good start to any good book! Keep going I would like to find out more! :elephant:
I spy!

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin