z

Young Writers Society

Break neck

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:37 pm
Hottaco says...

Times Square is busy during the lunch rush. Everyone knows that, so why did I go through here to visit my target? I could have taken the ally ways to the fire escape on his apartment complex. But no i took this crowded busy and witness filled Hell-hole

You See i am a hitman. Trained to kill in any way possible, in whatever setting and under any circumstance . I was trained in an underground facility in Nevada; Monster Corp.

I felt my 9 mm Pistol through my jacket and I thought about how to kill this man. He had done something bad i Know but why i was killing him i Didn't All i do is slash and dash and get the cash.

As walked into the restroom of the apartment complex I did a little research.

This man was 42 years old and lived with no one except his dog. That will soon change.

I entered his room and saw him watching Television on a pea green chair. It was very old but comfortable.

I slipped out my fiber wire from my black jacket and creeped over to the chair.

"Where is the dog? Oh Shit where is the dog" I thought to myself

the dog was asleep somewhere in the apartment and i could hear him snore. i never knew dogs to snore. I slid the fiber wire over the old man's neck. he was asleep. I pulled on the wire with all of my might and slowly but surly i sucked the life out of him.

No more snoring.

I heard the claws of the dog pat on the wood tile and walk down the hallway and i got out my pistol. It walked over to me and started to lick my shoe. " I wont kill this." i thought out loud.

i beant over and got out my anesthetic and stabbed it into its neck. It resisted a little for a second but slowly fell down to the ground. It would be perfectly fine in a couple of hours.

I jumped out onto the fire escape and onto a trash can it tiped over and the contenets spilled out.

A golden watch fell out and landed near my feet. I picked it up slowly and looked at the bottom of it. It had a name engraved on it

George Brooker

That was the mans name who gave me the contract. But why was it in his trash. I did not have time to doodle around in the trash. After all i did just kill a guy.

END OF CONTRACT 1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Hottaco on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Poke Bears While They Sleep

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:02 pm
Fye says...

Times Square is busy during the lunch rush. Everyone knows that, so why did I go through here to visit my target? I could have taken the alleyway to the fire escape on his apartment complex. But no, I took this crowded busy and witness-filled Hell-hole.

I think perhaps 'lunch hour rush' sounds better on the first sentence. After that you wrote, "why did I go through here". I couldn't really catch what you meant at first but after reading on I understood that the hitman had an alternative route to go through. Am I right? :) At first read people will wonder what he went through. Was it a situation?

You see, I am a hitman. Trained to kill in whatever matter or in whatever setting or in any situation. I was trained by the Monster Corp. an underground training facility in Nevada.

The 2nd sentence sounded repetitive for "whatever" and "or". Try fixing it. The last sentence was too joined up and didn't sound right. Perhaps you could go like this, "I was trained in an underground facility in Nevada; Monster Corp." You already mentioned the hitman being trained there so I suggest the word "training" need not be repeated in "training facility".

I felt my 9 mm pistol through my jacket and I thought about how to kill this man. He had done something bad, I knew, but why I was killing him, I didn't. All I do is slash[s] and[/s], dash and get the cash.

Watch the tenses; "knew" not "know". I think "and" in the last sentence was repetitive, too.

I walked into the restroom of the apartment complex and screwed on my silencer. Got my knife ready and my fibre wire.

I've never heard of screwing a silencer, so I'm not sure whether you're right there. The last sentence didn't start right. Maybe, start with "I had my knife ready".

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:39 pm
Fye says...

This man was 42 years old and lived with no one except his dear old dog. That will soon change.

I entered his room and saw him watching TV on a pea green chair. It was very old but looked comfortable.

"Dear old dog" isn't wrong but in my opinion it doesn't correspond with the story. At this point you are talking about the man to be assasinated. I don't think the hitman would have in mind that the dog was old. What you are writing is basically the hitman's thoughts. I would prefer "TV" be written in full; television.

I slipped out my fibre wire from my black jacket and creeped over to the chair.

"Where is the dog? Oh shit, where is the dog?"

The dog was asleep somewhere in the apartment and I could hear him snore. I never knew dogs to snore. I slid the fibre wire over the old man's neck. He was asleep. I pulled on the wire with all of my might and slowly but surely I sucked the life out of him.

If I'm not mistaken, the dialogue is for the hitman. It sounds more like a monologue because I doubt he will say that out loud when a silent assasination is about to take place. If so, put it in italics and ommit the quote marks ("). "Over the old man's neck" didn't sound right. Maybe I can't see how you can go over a neck. "Around" will sound better. "Surly" does exist but I'm quite positive you meant "surely".

No more snoring.

I liked this bit. Makes me laugh out a sadistic laugh. (Muahahahahaha!!!)

I heard the nails of the dog pat on the wood tile and walk down the hallway and i got out my pistol. It walked over to me and started to lick my shoe. "(no space here)I wont kill this," I thought out loud.

I bent over and got out my anesthetic and stabbed it into its neck. It resisted a little for a second but slowly fell down to the ground. It would be perfectly fine in a couple of hours.

I think claws would fit better than nails for the dog. The paw would pat, but not the claws. And claws can't walk down the hallway!! Put it like this, "I heard the claws of the dog click upon the wooden-tiled floor as it walked down the hallway." Don't join "I got out my pistol" in the same sentence. Separating it would be better.

I jumped out onto the fire escape and onto a trash can. It tipped over and the contents spilled out.

A golden watch fell out and landed near my feet. I picked it up slowly and looked at the bottom of it. It had a name engraved on it.

George Brooker

That was the mans name who gave me the contract. But why was it in his trash? I did not have time to doodle around in the trash. After all, I did just kill a guy.

For a hitman, it's surprising how he could make an accident by letting a trash can tip over. That would make one big noise. Assasins are quick, silent and slick. No accidents. No noise. But if not for that he wouldn't have found the watch, would he? Perhaps you could make him discover the watch in another way. Also, I think the "underside" of a watch would suit, not "bottom".

Overall the story flowed alright for me. But you must watch the spelling, particularly capitalization. Read your story a few times before posting it. It did leave a little but of suspense and mystery at the end but it might not be enough to keep the reader going. Errors in spelling and grammar distract the reader too much that they can't concentrate on the story. I think there were too many paragraphs and they were too short. There were many paragraphs that could be joined together into one. The setting was a bit unclear. Was it day or night? Give the hitman more character, too. At this point I get that he's the main character. What's his nature? Probably this will come in the next part. Looking forward to it! Good luck!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:58 pm
MadHatter says...

I liked your story but you mispelled several words. You failed to uppercase several i's. Overrall this was a well written piece but it definetly needed some work. And why exactly is this in Sci-Fi? It's really not science-fiction.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm
KAVOR17 says...

Over all i think you did good but add more descriptions to this and its kind of confusing how you ask the reader so many questions. Try make his kill exciting or supenseful instead of just blah

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.
— Sir James Dewar, Scientist