z

Young Writers Society

Shaped Chapter 2

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 pm
JapaneseNinja says...

Chapter 2
I look King Abilmelch in the eye controlling my temper. "What in the world does it mean to be shaped?" I ask.
"It's just like it sounds, we shaped you."
"What, out of clay?" I joke lightly, even though I feel like punching him in the face.
"No. If we had shaped you out of clay, you would turn to stone the second any sort of light hits you." The king says seriously.
"Well than what was I shaped out of? I want answers. I don't understand a word you're saying!" My fist clench tightly under the table, and I seriously think of punching him.
"You're more like an experiment. You were shaped out of blood. Meaning we took blood, and added magic to it. The blood then took the shape of a little boy, and then we added the bones and skin. We used Abraham's blood to be exact, and a dead soldiers bones, and magical skin. Technically, Abraham is your father. That is why you can speak, walk and so on." the King explains.
"So, dad," I say sarcastically,"What are we gonna do now?"
"Well, Garrett, you were built to fight in the upcoming war. So, for you to fight, we need you to be able to use magic, or you won't even stand a chance against a Sumi." Abraham laughs.
"So you're going to send me into some war, I might die, and you can just laugh? What the hell is a Sumi anyways?" I yell.
"A Sumi is an ash hound. The dark shapers shape ash into the form of a hound. It's bite is lethal because it has dark magic which will make anybody go crazy." King Abimelch explains.
"Woah! I'm not ready to fight a dog that's going to kill me when it bites me. And you say other monsters might come."
"Yes. That's why we need to upgrade you. First, you will clear out the forest nearby. It's full of Sumi's. We think there might be one or two Dengo's, lightning dragons." The king explains.
"Well, I don't want to do this." I say, and I turn around and start to walk out of the room.
"As if you have a choice." Abraham chuckles. A lightning bolt flashes through the air and stuns me, and I'm rigid as a board but all of my senses still work.
"Let's get him out of here and "forge" him. We have a few hours before he'll be able to move." Abraham tells King Abimelch as he levitates me into midair.
"Poor kid. We'll 'forge' him in the laboratory, right?" The king asks.
"Of course. And then we'll have to send him back to his cell because the magic will be too strong for us to control if he's on the loose."
The magicians levitate the rigid body of me into a perfectly white room with a table in the middle. I land with a painful thud and let out a gasp of air.
"I've never done this on my own, I'm going to need some help here. We need to send the perfect amount of magic into the body. Too much will kill all of us." says Abraham.
"All right. Let's get to it."
The magicians place their hands on my stomach, and their hands glow. I start to scream, unconsciously. The magic burns, when it enters my body.
After what seems and hour I hear "We're approaching the limit!" as Abraham yells over the deep hum of the magic, and the screams coming from me.
About thirty seconds later he yells," Too much! Remover your hands!"
Abraham removes his hands, but King Abimelch desperately tries with no success. Abraham can only watch, horrified.
"Hurry! You're killing him! The magic overload will cause an explosion! If we don't hurry it'll...." Abraham never gets to finish his sentence. The magic bursts out as strong as a bomb, and the two magicians don't stand a chance. The king turns to ash instantly as Abraham crumples to the ground.
"Don't....Die......Garrett...." Abraham uses his last bit of magic, to heal me, but then draws his last breath. And I slip into the darkness.

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel