z

Young Writers Society

(Unnamed) Chapter five part 2

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 19, 2010 8:49 pm
Stealth_Slicer says...

I am back!...again! hehe :D

So after a realy realy long break, no idea how I didn’t get back sooner to be honest…way sooner, I am back.

Anyway I finally managed to get what I wanted from this chapter and I can finally upload it (Took me 5 restarts let alone edits). I’ve not written since I was last on YWS so I need to get back on track (ah well properly like Christmas for your grammar nazis :D )

So enjoy and please tell me what you like of the last part, I’m keen to know what people think.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Monsters and traitors...whatever is next?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I jumped back, narrowly avoiding a swipe from the creature’s claws. It swiped again, narrowly missing my face.

Its breath was rancid like decomposing flesh; its eyes conveyed a sense of urgency that I had only just picked up on.

Soraka and Seeko were still trying to shoot it. It just kept forcing me back with swipes from his claws. Seeko managed to get both her pistols to its head and unloaded three bullets into it before it eventually fell.

I slouched down against the wall.

“You ok?” Soraka asked crouching next to me.

“Yeah…just in shock mate,” I said with a smile.

I’d known Soraka for almost six years we had met by a total accident and we have been close ever since. We met when I was working on his ship when it had almost been destroyed in a solar flair. Since then we had been good friends; we go out, have a drink and a laugh and perhaps even a movie, if we weren’t too drunk.

I got up after a moment longer.

“Seeko you said: So he wasn’t lying. What did you mean by that?” I asked.

“What? No I didn’t,” She replied.

“When we saw the bodies I was right next to you. I heard you,” I replied, standing my ground.

“Mal told me that some of the staff would be dead, I didn’t believe him because he likes to joke and-” another howl cut her sentence short. We looked back down the corridor.

“You gotta be kidding me!” I shouted. Four more began to charge us.

“Run…” Seeko said weakly through the fear.

“Don’t need telling twice!” I screamed; turning and letting it, Soraka was right behind me, closely followed by Seeko.

“What now?” I asked.

“If we can get to the mainframe I can initiate a self destruct, we can exit by the auxiliary exit and then signal for evacuation,” Seeko called to me.

“Ok where do we go?” Soraka asked. I looked back to see Seeko’s awesome display of agility and speed.

Gracefully she leapt forward onto the wall on my right, landing on all fours then ran a single step along it and jumped off. She landed just in front of me and continued running, I narrowly avoided getting tail whipped.

“Shi…” I muttered, narrowly avoiding swearing. Seeko rounded a corner and came to a dead stop, I smashed into her, she fell forwards but regained her balance. That’s when Soraka hit me.

All three of us were thrown forward into the blackness, the last thing I heard was a crash and then my vision went black.

----------------------------------
The Princess
Thursday 12.08.3472
03:52
Lizaria
Princess’ royal quarters.
----------------------------------

The Princess stirred and sat up in her bed, waking from another unpleasant dream. She stopped for a moment and looked around, sensing a disturbance.

That’s when he moved.

He had been standing in a darkened corner, almost invisible until he stepped into the moonlight let in by the window.

He was a large insect like creature with a hard black exoskeleton, resembling square plates, covering his chest legs and arms. His torso resembled a beetle’s shell.

He had two heavily armoured legs leading down into armoured talon like feet, with small black claws. His arms are more lightly armoured, and in some places revealing dark black skin. He had three fingers that have medium sized claws on them.

His neck was unarmoured, exposing more black skin. His head was being held out from his body by a roughly fifty centimetre long neck. The head was a large, fully armoured, oval shape. On his head he had two mandibles and two small totally black eyes.

Only one word could describe him:

Vorog.

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna