z

Young Writers Society

Fitness- All about it

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:47 am
slytherinseeker says...

I once had to make a speech about this particular subject and this is well, it!

FITNESS
Hello my name is Slytherinseeker and I am here today to talk to you about fitness. I am very interested in this topic at the moment because I enjoy doing all forms of exercise including visiting the gym on a regular basis, bike riding, running, walking and swimming.

The Dictionary states that fitness is the quality or state of being fit, but to me Fitness is a combination of diet and exercise that keeps your body 100% healthy.

Exercise is good for weight loss as it burns calories, although you will also need a special weight-loss diet to overcome this problem.

These days Sports such as the A.F.L. have become a huge business and are very popular. The only way this can continue is if the Athletes stay 100% fit whatever their sport might be, so in other words fitness is biggest part of sport.

Keeping fit is important because if you are fit it not only keeps you healthy it helps your state of mind. When you are unfit and tired you cannot concentrate very well.
If you exercise regularly you should check your heart rate before you start exercising and when you have finished. Try keeping the appropriate rate for your age level.

If you want to be fit you should exercise on a regular basis, but do not start off with a 12 kilometre run. You should start with a short walk or another low exercise and build it up gradually each week.
The 4 best exercises you can do are, running, riding a bike, walking and swimming so you should do a variety of different exercises to stop it from getting boring.
The other part of fitness is eating well. Good foods such as fruit, vegetables, fish, bread and other healthy foods.
When you do start exercising you must keep up your fluids, so always take a water bottle with you NOT soft drinks or cordial.

When you do get fit you will find it easier to do things, you will feel great and enjoy doing sports. If you ARE fit you would probably be a good weight for your height

Kids should also keep fit. It’s much easier for them as they call it ‘ playing’ and enjoy sports. At school they will be doing Physical Education that teaches them skills in sports and other exercises.
Parents should encourage them to exercise regularly and give them a good diet.

For any part of fitness you will need lots of energy. Getting energy is simple, just eat the right food. Eggs, honey, small amounts of sugar and some fibre have heaps of energy. Although all foods have some bits of energy in them. Some drinks also have energy especially sport drinks like ‘Powerade’ and ‘Gatorade’.

Fitness and diets are related. Energy from food help exercises, a bad diet with too much sugar and sweets leads to obesity which effects exercise and makes it harder. Over- weight people are the ones that do not like doing exercise but they are the ones that need to get fit the most.

There are some people that are called ‘fitness fanatics’. These are the people that eat very little and do too much exercise everyday. Some of these people are called ‘Gym junkies’; these people are the ones that go to the gym all the time. Although it might sound like their fitness level is high they are actually very unhealthy people. You should never do too much exercise and always eat well.

I hope you enjoyed my talk and learnt some good points about fitness. Thankyou

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:10 am
Emma says...

ooooh thats interesting,

I think I might go for a walk...

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix