z

Young Writers Society

Replace Batteries Immediately!

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:06 am
ChazzMarshall says...

Ever notice how when batteries, whether they be car batteries, or something as simple as a little flashlight, start to grow old, they start fading out? Car batteries won't hold a charge, and smaller batteries just die out over time.

"BUT CHAZZ! We have rechargable batteries, this is the future" You are probably saying.

Nay. The type of batteries that I am about to get to are much more important, they are the batteries that power me and you, the soul of a person. Now I don't mean soul in a religious or metaphysical context, but in the style of a persons drive to live, to love, and to experience the things in life that they enjoy. Without fresh batteries, no matter how strong a person's desire to move up in the world, or to do something as simple as enjoying something that they love, like a hobby. Without the drive in life, over time a person will become nothing but a shell, a flashlight without power, if you will.

What do you want to be?

The only way to succeed in anything, is not, contrary to internet ads, a pill, or therapy, or anything but YOURSELF. Without you being in it to win it, there is no hope in reaching full potential.

WARNING: CHAZZ STYLE REFERENCING INCOMING

"If you aren't in 6th gear with the throttle pinned, you aren't really riding."

All it takes is one step to start, and pretty soon you'll be running before you know it. I plead that you take that step, and better not just yourself, but everything about you, and everything around you. It's passion that drives humanity, remember this, and live to love something.
Dustin' away, one trail at a time.
Remember, keep the rubber side down!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 am
Amberla93 says...

Very Chazzy dear, but something didn't make sense to me...

"I please that you take that step,"

Say what? You may want to edit that...
Life is short, so make the best of the time you have!

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 am
ChazzMarshall says...

Already edited it, before ya reviewed. Pretty good for one straight shot of pure Wingin-It brand Chazzness.
Dustin' away, one trail at a time.
Remember, keep the rubber side down!

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:12 am
View Likes
Amberla93 says...

Agreed, but see now you can write more things and post those too! :p
Life is short, so make the best of the time you have!

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:28 am
Ashley529 says...

Overall, this is an inspiring article. The battery/soul analogy you used was very creative.

A few things you might want to work on . . .
but in the style of a persons drive to live, to love, and to experience the things in life that they enjoy.

It doesn't matter what YOUR definition of a soul is and weather it's wrong or right, what matters is, is your defintion of a soul something to WOW about? You must remember, you called our attention so, whatever you have to say must be worth it. If you read the sentence I quoted, you'll find that you've heard that phrase dozens of times before. There's nothing unique about the way you define a soul, however true it is.

Without the drive in life, over time a person will become nothing but a shell, a flashlight without power, if you will.
I might be wrong but again, I expected you to make that comparison even before I read it. It makes perfect sense to use it and it fits into context but as Kanye West would put it: "Aint nothing new now."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm
Stori says...

It's usually considered bad taste to type in capital letters.

Stories don't end because you stopped paying attention.
— SJ Whitby