z

Young Writers Society

Night or the World

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Mon May 23, 2011 12:59 am
SarahK says...

Do you venture into the shadows of the evergreens when nothing is to be seen but in shades of a raven? Do you call out for company when the sun is at rest, when the stars and moon seem to be the only sign of visible life? What are we afraid of, the night, or the un-known? From sunset to sunrise is open season for crimes from robbery to grand theft auto. But we aren’t afraid of the shadows at night. If you were to move to a gated community with Amish folks you would gladly prance about in the darkness with no protection, for it is the thought of the future, the mysterious path that lay before us, that we tremble at. When you anxiously await the call of the manager at that fast food place you interviewed at, you think to yourself, “What if I was too dressed up?”, “What if I said something stupid I didn’t catch?” You fear the fact that the interview was a waste of time. So the next time you fear the shadow at night, remember it’s not the trees hiding something it’s the world.
Sarah K.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 29, 2011 9:09 pm
easilyinspired says...

Hello :D Wow this is great, I really like the way this is written because what you have written about is something that is a little confusing, and unclear if you like, in real life. So the way that you've written in a, and don't take this the wrong way, confusing style, adds to the effect. I'm sure some people would say no it's too confusing, but I like the way you've written it and it's an appropriate style.
All the best
Easilyinspired xxx
"Oh, children, children, why are you following me?"
"We couldn't sleep," said Lucy - and then she felt sure that she need say no more and that Aslan knew all they had been thinking.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.

A beautiful funeral doesn't guarantee Heaven.
— Haitian Proverb