z

Young Writers Society

As a child I dreamed of being an adult, now I just want to k

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 am
marcosatc says...

Unaware of adulthood, we said just wanting to be great. Ignoring many times how great we were. The innocence in the purest form of thought, the tenderness of our crazy occurrences.

We grew up, learned to fly, and we did each day beyond the area defined by our parents. Passing showers and thunderstorms, falling, getting forward.

That's life cycle, learning, a walk, a dream. But it is also a contrast of black and white, cold and heat. So often became life as a bland meal, which we had to swallow the seasoning. And we learned that love, friendship, art, leisure, work, family are eating condiments that help those difficult moments of life. But then we learned that the life may become even more difficult. Here, when everything seems lost its meaning when we live only for seasoning and do not find the basic essence of our life ...
Came back to dream ... in a world without hunger, without war, without violence, where all the children smile, play, amen. In a world where a helping hand without expecting anything. We got together, first two, then three, and every day we add more wills. Seek help, many doors were closed, others opened. We were putting together a box that was growing within days. On Friday we got into the car and went up very strongly the case, because the content was very heavy, and travel 100km to the south. We arrived at the schoolhouse in a small place called Wintering, lowered the box and there were children who were between 4 and 15 years. Open the box and all started playing, dancing, smiling. That box was in a special content that can not be described, can not measure, you can not draw, it can only be called: love. We appreciated the welcome, because giving love can only be offset receiving love. Moment of these, of which we would be eternal. I dream of those, which do not want to wake up. Before returning, we said goodbye we hear a word reached the depths of the soul, do not forget us. And so we started the trip again to reach the city. Understanding and grasping that this is the essence of life is not a condiment. How nice it is to go back to sleep knowing that dreams become reality. I do not want to be an adult, I can not be a child, I remain just that, a dreamer. And I would say in his song Fito Paez: Who said that all is lost? I come to offer my heart.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:08 pm
DeeBee says...

Hey!
So, I'm going to start off with the things that I don't really get or know what's going on. I loved the whole piece but there were a few sentences that just made me a little confused. First off, the title of the piece just threw me off. "As a child I dreamed of being an adult, now I just want to k". I have absolutely no idea what "I just want to k" means. Maybe make the meaning of this a little clearer?
Unaware of adulthood, we said just wanting to be great
So the children are saying what? It makes me feel like I missed something here because it seems like there's a hole in the sentence. They said _______, wanting to be great.
got into the car and went up very strongly the case
I don't know if I'm just dull but I once again don't really know what you're trying to tell me here. Maybe "went up very strongly the case" means that you pushed very hard to get donations?? I'm not sure.
There were a few other lines that I just didn't get at all what you were trying to get across to me, but you get the point. I really liked this piece just because it has a different feel to it than most short stories. It almost sounds like a poem with a different flow. Just a suggestion, but maybe you could try and make this story into a poem. I think it would sound beautiful if you wanted to try that.
Anyway, I hope this review helped!
Dee

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:17 am
xoCairo says...

comments
changes
I know this has already been pointed out, but I'm going to assume your title got cut off. I'd suggest shortening it, so it intrigues us a bit more and makes us want to read this more. However, considering I don't know your entire title, I'm not sure if that applies 100%.

Unaware of adulthood, we said just wanting to be great. Ignoring many times how great we were. Many times, we ignored how great we truly were.The innocence in the purest form of thought, the tenderness of our crazy occurrences. -- I don't really understand how the last sentence ties in, and really what it means. I think you could probably revise it so that it makes more sense to the readers. I like the wording choice, I just would like to know what you're actually trying to say!

We grew up, learned to fly, -- I liked that part of the phrase :) and we did each day beyond the area defined by our parents. each day, we went beyond the areas defined by our parents.Passing showers and thunderstorms, falling, getting forward. -- Another sort of sentence that could work out but sort of doesn't. Also revise, please.

That's life cycle, learning, a walk, a dream. --I do and don't get this sentence as well. Hmm, I'd change the order of everything comma'd. Are you trying to say that life is a walk, a dream, but constantly full of learning? But it is also a contrast of black and white, cold and heat. --Very nice sentence! :) So often life becomes a bland meal, which we had to swallow the seasoning. And we learned that love, friendship, art, leisure, work, family are eating condiments that help those difficult moments of life. -- Also very nice. At first, I was looking for a transition, but realized the link at the end; comparing those parts of life to condiments, seasonings - it was a good choice! But then we learned that thelife may become even more difficult. Here, when everything seems to have lost its meaning, whenwe live only for seasoning and do not find the basic essence of our life ... -- Other than the slight errors and awkwardness, that paragraph was great! Your choice of metaphors was absolutely amazing.

Came back to dream ... --The first part of the sentence I don't understand. Revise, maybe? in a world without hunger, without war, without violence, where all the children smile, play, amen. In a world where people lend a helping hand without expecting anything. We got together, first two, then three, and every day we add more wills. Seek help, many doors were closed, others opened. --I was confused by this sentence, too. Perhaps you mean 'We sought help, but many doors were closed; fortunately, others opened' - that sort of thing? We were putting together a box that was growing within days. On Friday we got into the car and went up very strongly the case, because the content was very heavy, and travel 100km to the south. We arrived at the schoolhouse in a small place called Wintering, lowered the box and there were children who were between 4 and 15 years. Open the box and all started playing, dancing, smiling. That box was in a special content that can not be described, can not measure, you can not draw, it can only be called: love. We appreciated the welcome, because giving love can only be offset receiving love. Moment of these, of which we would be eternal. I dream of those, which do not want to wake up. Before returning, we said goodbye we hear a word reached the depths of the soul, do not forget us. And so we started the trip again to reach the city. Understanding and grasping that this is the essence of life is not a condiment. How nice it is to go back to sleep knowing that dreams become reality. I do not want to be an adult, I can not be a child, I remain just that, a dreamer. And I would say in his song Fito Paez: Who said that all is lost? I come to offer my heart.

Okay, I wasn't sure exactly what to say to the last paragraph other than it was very, very confusing. I might just be tired, but I think you need to go back and check what you've written. I understand you're from Argentina, so maybe English isn't your first language (my apologies if it is and I'm assuming), but I'm sure you could get help revising it all if you need it! :) This was actually really good, you just need to revise a few sentences here and there.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:17 am
marcosatc says...

I appreciate both. The observations are correct. The errors in my writing are the result of my inexperience with the language. As Dee says, my mother tongue is Spanish, so my grammatical horrors are due to that. Receive these views make me very well. This way I can learn. So again thank you and promise that in the next posts I'll be more careful review. And I will consider the idea of ​​writing a poem.
Ah, the title should say: When I was a child, dreamed of Being big. Today I just want to keep dreaming

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch