Young Writers Society

Open up yourself

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:59 pm
scfdx says...

We're all wearing masks.
those masks isn't our true self.
it's just a disguise to protect our private feelings and thoughts.
but sometimes the mask cracked and we are ashamed to reveal ourselves to strangers.
even to our friends, we afraid of betrayal, that everyone will know our secrets and desires.
if only we could've tell our story to somebody, even to a stranger, this man won't be a stranger anymore- he will become a true friend, somebody to share with.
then, after we die, our story will be telled by the many. only then, if the story is right, our story will be remembered and will be telled over and over again by the people whom loved us.
and as they do so, our memories and experiences comes back to life, not in as a human, but as a legend- about a mortal human who became an immortal legend.
and that will inspire everyone who'll hear the story, and they would tell they're own story.
then we see from heaven- that there is no more masks and strangers left in the world, because everyone tells his story and nobody afraid from the other, and they all live in peace and harmony.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:35 pm
qtpie212 says...

Hi I love the message of this! It is so true and very important!! We can't be scared forever and must tell our stories to others in order to be remembered.

IFound a few grammatical errors I'd like to correct for you in red :)

scfdx wrote:We're all wearing masks.
those masks aren't our true selves.
They're just a disguises to protect our private feelings and thoughts.
but sometimes the masks crack and we are ashamed to reveal ourselves to strangers.
even to our friends, we are afraid of betrayal. Afraid that everyone will know our secrets and desires.
if only we could've tell our story to somebody, even to a stranger. Then this man wouldn't be a stranger anymore- he would be a true friend, somebody to share with.
then, after we die, our story will be telled by the many. only then, if the story is right, our story will be remembered and will be told over and over again by the people who loved us.
and as they do so, our memories and experiences will come back to life, not = as a human, but as a legend- about a mortal human who became an immortal legend.
and that will inspire everyone who'll hear the story, and they will tell they're own story.
then we see from heaven- that there is no more masks and strangers left in the world, because everyone tells his story and nobody afraid from the other, and they all live in peace and harmony.

Also, the format of this piece is a little confusing. It seems like a paragraph styled writing but the lines are separated like a poem. Plus, a lot of punctuation (like periods and capitol letters) are missing.

Overall, great message!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:36 pm
scfdx says...

thanks, I'm glad you understand the message.
In any case, this is not a poem or a story or something like that, it's a philosophical outlook on life, so it doesn't have to have some kind of writing formation. It's just a text to keep you mind.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:38 pm
alliyah1234 says...

This really pinches a nerve in every person, because the truth is.. nobody wants to take off their mask, their afraid they'll be judged for the real person they are.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:51 pm
Starlight9 says...

Love how deep your article is. You seem to write about a subject that rarely anyone would write about, which is how every person should share their thoughts and secrets with the others so that when they die, people would remember him/her by their stories which would make them immortal. And that's I believe what most of the famous people we know, whether writers, artists or actors had done, they'd shared their stories and thoughts which made people remember them until now.

Now back to your article, I would to comment on the formatting. Since you're writing an article you should keep in mind:
1) Write in paragraphs. (Divide into introduction, body and conclusion) It will help you as a writer to organize your thoughts and it will help us as readers to understand it better.
2) Proofreading: Now, I have spotted many grammar and punctuation mistakes in your article. Take it as an advice, copy/type your article to a Microsoft Word program and correct all the punctuation mistakes.

Overall, it was an interesting article. Well done.
★L9

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content