z

Young Writers Society

Self Esteem *please read

Was this helpful?

yes, I am satisfied and going to change my ever boring life
43%
no, my life is absolutely spectacular and rainbows appear when I snap my fingers
57%

Total votes : 7

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 am
lizzytink says...

Self Esteem. Soooo high school isn't working out for you? SAME! This is a list I conjured up.

Stop whining and complaining. Things will go your way if you let them fall into place. Go with the flow. Your life doesn’t have to be full of the stereotypical high school student (drugs, sex, etc.) don’t find parties… parties will find you in time. Everything will happen, just be patient.

Be social. The only way to put yourself out there is to let yourself be known. Have a good time with the friends you have. Don’t be too dramatic when things don’t go your way. Everything eventually blows over anyway. Make new friends (if possible) to bring new groups to you. Your personality will shine to those who appreciate it.

Being popular is overrated. You don’t have to be the “who’s who” everyone is talking about. Do you really want rumors going around about you that probably aren’t true? People will judge and not want to talk about you.(Jessica Schwartz HELLO!) nobody will want to talk to you unless they know the real you, because that’s what you want people to talk about, not the rumor you.

Don’t care! Do you really care what people think? The only reason you would care is if you were trying to prove yourself to somebody. You shouldn’t have to change to impress people if its not the real you. Don’t give a shit about your social status. People can think whatever they want but you know the real you.

I know this is easier said than done, but please take my advice:)
Last edited by lizzytink on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
:-)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:19 am
sweethearts says...

I think what you wrote here is very correct and your advice to high school students is very helpful since it is based on your own experiences. there isn't much i can comment on because your composition delivered the message you wanted to give to the reader. Keep up the good effort! And you are right, everyone should read this, especially high school students.
i agree with you on the 'don't care' part and i think everything you said in your piece of poetry is valuable.
from, sweet<3 :)

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:29 am
snickerdooly says...

Amazing! This was really eye opening and really interesting to read, thanks for posting! I don't have anything bad to say!
"Characters cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:34 pm
BenFranks says...

Evening.

lizzytink wrote:Self Esteem. Soooo high school isn't working out for you? SAME! This is a list I am conjured up. Do you mean, I have conjured up? Also, there is no need to break the orthology conventions of "So" to "Soooo". I understand you want to sound familiar and colloquial, but it merely sounds as though your point is less important than it deserves to be. No need to do that to your writing.

Stop whining and complaining. Why not format into headings? Non-Fiction should take advantage of graphological layout. You can find all these helpful terms and guides to language terminology by going to http://grammar.about.com < Great gem of a site. Things will go your way if you let them fall into place. Go with the flow. Your life doesn’t have to be full of the stereotypical high school student (drugs, sex, etc.) Your punctuation is absent here, you should add a semi-colon don’t find parties… parties will find you in time. Everything will happen, just be patient.

Be social. The only way to put yourself out there is to let yourself be known. Have a good time with the friends you have. Don’t be too dramatic when things don’t go your way. Everything eventually blows will eventually blow over anyway. Make new friends (if possible) to bring new groups to you. Your personality will shine to those who appreciate it. Don't be so wordy when there's no need. Your article is in para-list format, so be brief and to the point.

Remember, Bbeing popular is overrated. You don’t have to be the “who’s who” everyone is talking about. Do you really want rumors going around about you? Ones that probably aren’t true? People will judge and not want to talk about you. May not, don't generalise or assume - you'll alienate your audience. (Jessica Schwartz HELLO!) No need to ever negative-reference or take a stab at anyone in a Non-Fiction tips piece. Ever. I'd remove it. nobody will want to talk to you unless they know the real you, because that’s what you want people to talk about, not the rumor you. Good point.

Don’t care! Do you really care what people think? The only reason you would care is if you were trying to prove yourself to somebody. You shouldn’t have to change to impress people if its not the real you. Don’t give a shit about your social status. The swear word works perfectly here, usually I'd discourage it. But good judgement. People can think whatever they want but you know the real you.

I liked this - I hope my suggestions helped.

Keep it up. Regards,
Ben

Inspiration usually comes during work, rather than before it.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author