z

Young Writers Society

Topics and Opinions, very Interesting things.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:47 am
PurpleEurope says...

First topic: Gay marriage. Or as I like to call it, marriage. Because when I ate lunch, I didn't gay eat lunch, or gay make a sandwich. Some people are like "Oh the bible this and the bible that." But you know what? What is the whole message? LOVE. And I think if you really love someone, truly and fully, and you wouldn't care if they had anything physically or mentally wrong, then marry them. If they are the same sex, opposite sex, god a freakin ALIEN, if you love them, marry them. God doesn't care. You will not go to hell if you're gay, you will go to hell if you're a bad person. God just wants love. Or so I believe.
Second topic: Science. Now, I won't be one of those people whose all "science is wrong, religion is right" or vice versa. I mean, is it completely impossible to believe in creationism AND evolutionism? I mean, yes, sure, science is based off theories, but theories are based of a little fact, at least. Also, all the best theories can only be PROVEN, if they can be DISPROVEN. And also, everyone says "Hey, can you prove that God is real?" but you know what? I need to ask you people this: can you prove that God isn't real? Yes, there is evidential proof that the Big Bang happened, so that is real, but I mean, no I can not prove God, but I do believe in this said "Intelligent Designer" exists.
Third topic: Bush/Politics. Okay, you die hard Bush fans, (there are a few!) yes, this Afghanistan bullcrap ISISISISIS his fault. All his fault. Get over it. And also, Clinton was a GREAT president as far as the economy goes. No, he was not the perfect husband, but it doesn't make him a bad PERSON. And you know what? Obama doesn't suck. The whole "he's spent more than all of these presidents combined" is crap. We only believe that because the other presidents didn't always tell us what they spent money on, or how much they spent. And also, at least he has done some of the things he said he would.

Those are my thoughts, not yours. Likes for more opinions.
PotterheadFranklinArthurMacKenzietheFourth<3

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:13 am
21WhiteRoses says...

Wow I totally agree with you on every topic! With the first topic I think that one day it won't be such an issue but as of now people need to just learn to accept love! And I actually have talked about the second opinion. Many say science and religion are opposites but if God is real the why shouldn't he have created science? For the third topic...I don't really get into politics, but people get to carried away with hating presidents and they don't even know why. Oh well...people are just silly!
"But death and darkness in that instant closed the eyes of Argos, who had seen his master, Odysseus, after twenty years...."

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 am
View Likes
Formslipper says...

I read it, and thought it was meh. I'm really not sure what this is supposed to be. You're writing as if you're conversing, which adds no depth to what you're saying. There was little thought put into your word choice, etc., as it was *just* opinions.

My critique for you (since this is a critique website) would be to express opinions in a pointed manner, starting with what you're going to say, and then supporting it with reasoning beyond, "Because when I ate lunch..." and "Obama doesn't suck."

Also, try not to make it so bulleted, as in

First topic: ...
Second topic:... It almost seems forceful, as if this is your classroom or something.

Other than all that, good job.

You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind